• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Sleeve booked for 22 May and panicking...

Ladies and Gents can anyone put my mind at rest. I've suffered with continued weight increase since I was 25. I'm now 43. I was diagnosed with PCOS and have tried every diet known to man. I always lose about 1.5 stone but then it stops and metabolic stasis occurs. Or so my gp and consultant told me.

I was referred last February to weight loss clinic. They signed off funding and said I was ideal candidate and suggested sleeve my best option as the hormone receptors are cut out which will stop the likelihood of regain.

My date for surgery is 22 May and I'm currently on milk pre-op diet. For some reason yesterday though I had proper panic about surgery and second thoughts. Even wrote down all the pros and cons.

I've been big for so long I'm panicking that I'll no longer be me. I want to be fit and healthy for my kids and I dream of being back to my size 12 that I was early 20's. I think I've been a size 24 so long that I'm scared of change.

Will I still be able to go out for meals with friends, will my sagging skin look dreadful, will the surgery work, will I have bad scars... all silly questions I know. And being half the size is clearly the way to go.

Can anyone tell me if they too have had doubts but then gone on to have surgery and be happy with the outcome.

Thanks all
Anita

Back