• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

PCT being abolished

Are we not missing the point of the question. I too will be very interested to see what happens when the PCT changes. I foresee the postcode lottery become a lot worse.

Nothing has really changed, except the ccg's give the money for services to the GP's instead of the pct's. the ccg's are still the ones who decide what services are needed and the gp's will pay for it.

Does anybody know what the criteria for this is yet. I have just recieved a copy of a letter asking her to check the clinical commissioning policy for complex and specialiased obesity surgery and if i do to complete an online form. But i can not down load the policy x

I don't know everyone's story on here but I just want to say that anyone who does get surgery DOES count themselves lucky! I haven't had any surgery as yet, been trying for years and it seems the ball is finally rolling and I feel tremendously lucky as could not afford to go private. I understand the frustrations of being turned down as I was turned down multiple times I just kept fighting.

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

hi, well i have been refused from barnsley pct twice now as they say i don't meet there criteria of 45, i wonder how many times you can reply to the nhs ? i hear the goal posts are going to change i bet its going to be harder to get nhs funding? i know im not going to give up.
wonder when we will get any information on what the criteria of bmi will be up and down the country?
anybody know anything about new rules or how many times you can fight the appeals?

bigbeefybuilder

hi, well i have been refused from barnsley pct twice now as they say i don't meet there criteria of 45, i wonder how many times you can reply to the nhs ? i hear the goal posts are going to change i bet its going to be harder to get nhs funding? i know im not going to give up.
wonder when we will get any information on what the criteria of bmi will be up and down the country?
anybody know anything about new rules or how many times you can fight the appeals?

bigbeefybuilder

BBB The new guidelines/criteria are on the PDF link I posted 5days ago ^^^^ up there :) ... On page 8 I think x

It's supposed to make it easier as they have to follow the NICE guidelines rather than making up their own local criteria which have in the main been more strict than NICE ;) x x

They can make up their own criteria based on NICE.

Local CCGs will hold the purse strings and based on local needs any one condition may still hold more weight (no pun intended lol) than another.

Local CCGs and therefore GPs have more say how money is spent and only time will tell if they 'pay' for any treatment for qany person.

Back