• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

pct funding help please

tendersage

I saw my GP today to begin the process of obtaining finding for reconstructive surgery. She decided to give me the form to complete has anyone else had this happen or had to complete similar forms?

I notice most on here are just looking at tummy tucks however I need my lower area sorted out, I have to angle myself on the toilet every time otherwise I miss the bowl and things get very messy. I have large flaps the hang down from my rear cheeks, I have no idea what op is needed to resolve this. And yes like everyone else need the tummy tuck and my breasts are still empty sacks. I could do with some help on how to approach this.

i can't help sorry but would be interested in the answers :) hope someone can help you soon x

Hi,
What your GP should have done is to refer you to a surgeon for an assessment of need. Then an application goes in to the PCT with supportive letters from (hopefully) your GP and surgeon.

Hope this helps.

Julie.

Aw poor you! How on earth are you supposed to know what you need!! Ring pals and ask if anyone there can help you x

Good to see you Di. The procedure that will deal with your bottom area will either be a buttock lift or a lower body lift. The first deals with just the back area the second is a tummy tuck that extends all the way round and lifts. I had mine done in 2 stages as I had arms dome with the tummytuck which was extended round the sides but not all the way. Then he did the rear part of the body lift with the thigh lift and upper back lift.

What you will need for the PCT are the medical reasons to support the lift. Their preferred reasons are ones about physical problems such as rashes, skin break down etc and for these you need to document when these occurred, visits to your GP about them and what was prescribed. In addition photographs of the affected are are always useful plus details of psychological problems again with GP visits for these if you have made them. It is very hard to get NHS funding in most areas now and focusing on the weight loss surgery element is often not a good idea as some PCTs argue that as a patient you have received a large amount of NHS money already for the wls and that more will more be following it while others see this as a part of the wls journey and fund it.

As much information as you can give is the key and good luck. If not start saving because it costs the earth but it is so very worth it not just for the finished result but because of the problems it causes such as you describe.

Keeping everything crossed for you

M

It is very hard to get NHS funding in most areas now and focusing on the weight loss surgery element is often not a good idea as some PCTs argue that as a patient you have received a large amount of NHS money already for the wls and that more will more be following it while others see this as a part of the wls journey and fund it.

M

Di was a private patient for her bypass, so maybe they might consider funding :confused:

Good luck with the referrel Di x

Hi there, I applied for NHS funding, documented all my skin problems under the apron etc and supported the application with photos, but sadly funding was refused, which is really disappointing, but it wont stop me, I will somehow manage to go private as I cannot live like this, NHS is very annoying I believe I met the criteria to qualify for funding and STILL its refused grrrr

Hi, sorry not been on for such a long time. Today I had my appointment with my Consultant who has started a case for my tummy tuck. Just wanted to know if anyone else had encountered any other problems along the way other than the funding. He told me not to lose any more weight and also not to put any on, now down to 10 stone 5 pounds. I explained about the sore bits under the skin and how unhappy I feel about all the redundant skin. He said he will see me again in four months time and then apply for funding.

Back