• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Peppers

suzie290304

Hi I have just acquired a taste for red peppers and now can't get enough of them :) onions too lol I was wondering if anyone has some nice filling recipes to do filled pepper in the oven. X

I do traditional mince with onions and garlic or fill with bulgarwheat salad with bits of bacon, olive,sundries toms and herbs and a little light cheese such as halloumi on top - mmmmmm

mayamoo said:
I do traditional mince with onions and garlic or fill with bulgarwheat salad with bits of bacon, olive,sundries toms and herbs and a little light cheese such as halloumi on top - mmmmmm

Mmmm it all sounds lovely :) thanks I'm sure to give them all a try x

I stuff peppers ( usually red ones ) with Mediterranean couscous ( ie ansley harriot ) pine nuts & sultanas

Iceland do some stuffed peppers with a curried rice in to cook from frozen. They were nice and cheap. I haven't tried them yet they are in the freezer for when I'm ready for proper food. X

Try nachos with chilli filled red peppers topped with monteray cheese and grated chedder grilled, I havr a really nice chilli recipe but havr no pc at the mo, but I will use my mums and post it up, but mecican food has the best use if peppers

Posted this recipe before but would be great for stuffing peppers. Fregola is a cross between couscous & very fine pasta. You can get it in good supermarkets or Italian delis.
I could tolerate it but can't tolerate rice so a nice alternative.
250 g Fregola
1 chicken stock cube made up with 500 ml boiling water
Handful of cubed pancetta
Small red onion chopped*
2 cloves crushed garlic
1 sliced courgette
2 tablespoons of toasted pine nuts
Handful of cherry tomatoes halved
Grated Pecorino or Parmesan cheese*
Extra Virgin Olive Oil

Sweat onions & garlic until translucent. Add pancetta & courgette slices. Cook until done.
Add Fregola & coat with mix then add stock. Cover & cook for 30 mins or until Fregola soft. You may need to top up with a little water.
Serve with pine nuts, cherry tomatoes & grated cheese.
You could use olive oil fry light & go careful on cheese to reduce fat.

Capers and chillies and feta cheese in a pepper and baked for half an hour...yummy

Mix some cooked rice with leftover chilli or bolognaise. Put the mixture in the pepper and roast in the oven. Or you can mix roughly cut peppers and onions with othe veg, drizzle with olive oil, herbs and spices and roast them in the oven.

Paneer (Indian cottage cheese) is delicious in peppers.

Or

Red pepper, rocket and tomato soup.
Cook in veg stock, blitz with a blender and season.....again delicious.
Em xxxx

Evenstarr said:
Paneer (Indian cottage cheese) is delicious in peppers.

Or

Red pepper, rocket and tomato soup.
Cook in veg stock, blitz with a blender and season.....again delicious.
Em xxxx

I just made a similar soup, red peppers, onions, chilli, garlic and tomatoes, popped it in the liquidiser, and the top flew off cartoon styley and splattered the whole kitchen, and me, and the pup. The pup licked it off the floor and has been drinking water ever since. Think there was too much chilli in it!

Back