• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Period and ops

coralie

I was due for my period on the day of my op. 20th June.

It never arrived, but i thought due to the stress and drugs my body was going through that it might not happen.

I'm now over 5 weeks post op and still no sign of any period??

Any advice? :confused:

They do all sorts of things (periods that is). Check that you're not pregnant first. Then just wait and see. I had one then missed completely then had a really heavy one. Our bodies cope with surgery in different ways. Try not to worry, but if you miss more than 2 or 3 go and see your GP. x x

That will be your body coping with the trauma you have been through. If you are not pregnant, your normal cycle will resume soon.

This surgery has a massive effect on our internal organs and can take weeks for our bods to straighten themselves out.

Mine was due 6 days post surgery but i actually came on on the operating table!!!! (how embarrassing to be told this when they get you up a couple of hours post surgery) such is life one thing i will say is that i struggle to eat the week before my period now im guessing due to the bloated feelings it feels like it's restricting. first couple were heavy too but all ok now. xxx

Well, i was due around the 18th July...so missed 2 periods now!
I will buy a pregnancy test in the morning and go from there... Very sure i am not pregnant, but will cover all bases! :)

I asked if my contraceptive pill would be interfered with at all, and was assured it would not be. It must be that my body is rebelling against the op and drugs.

Thank you for all your help ladies, i will keep you informed!

As an older lady on the group i long to miss periods, permanently.

But such a young girl as yourself, do the test, then if your still worried speak to your doctor.

Gosh, i hope i dont get mine on the table (if/whenever that happens) i'd die of embarassment lol...

Health n happiness to you all :)

Yeah, I wish my periods would stop. The gynaecologist said it was my age (41) and weight. Went to the GP and she just said" oh must be your age then" and sent me off with some codeine.

Hope yours get sorted x

As an older lady on the group i long to miss periods, permanently.

I thought the same until i had to have an X-ray and the radiographer asked my if I still had periods :eek: I'd never felt so old in my life. My god I'm only 42 not 62

coralie I think a home pregnancy test is the first option and follow it up by seeing your GP A.S.A.P just to put your mind at ease

Test was negative. :) :(

I expect that my body is just settling back into 'normality'

Today i have been craving sugar...usually that i a sure fire sign that TOM is on its way...better late than never!

If nothing happens soon i will contact my GP.

Thanks for all your wise words and support! :)

it happens alot i bled for 5 weeks following surgery once the weight start dropping off it really unbalances everything if you dropped alot of weight on preop diet that alone could have stopped it also the stress of the op

Back