• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Phatmomma's in a whole new world...not for facebook discussion plz fb friends x

phatmomma

Hello lovely fellow fat fighters from glorious Wiltshire. Just thought i'd give a brief summary on life as i know it...

Well the move has gone well, sort of. As some of you may know we are renting privately, unfortunately on our two week anniversary we opened a letter addressed to the tenant/occupier stating the mortgage company were going for repossession of the house we are in :mad: :eek:. However after having contact with our landlord he assures us he is trying to sort this and save the house so we have to wait and see. Am not panicking yet having taken a little advice from the local housing authority's.

So how are we enjoying it??? Well we have no tv yet as the silly mare who left here cut the cable to the aerial and Trev hasn't got round to doing it yet, we have strangely enough been talking to each other and been sociable with our new found family (which translated means i've been slightly inebriated a couple of times :) ). I'm loving my new job in Bath, the walk to and from the train station looking in the shops is truly lovely and makes me appreciate my smaller size. Knowing i can walk in any of the shops without anyone thinking 'whats the fattie doing in here' is quite nice. Okay i'm still a size 18 which is by no way shape or form slim, but i'm getting there....

So what am i up too? Well two weeks ago i bite the bullet and went to weight watchers and am now following the points plan. I'm sticking to it and slowly getting the results that i want. I'm in for the long (ish) haul and am happy to do it. I feel so in control of food now i'm counting what i have, i incorporate my treats - the odd curly wurly here n there and it suits me down to the ground..

Fitness wise, i start training soon, my brother in law says i will be running soon :) I've longed to run for years! What an ambition, not to be a size 12 but to be able to run. I've also used the dreaded push bike a couple of times in the last few weeks. Those of u who follow my diary will remember me trying it out before xmas and doing 800 yds and been dead on my jelly legs. The walking i've been doing and adjusting my seat (higher) has made all the difference. Yesterday i went out on it for 30 minutes and that was after walking about 5 miles throughout the day with himself. I could still walk after getting off too :) I'm not confident enough for the roads yet, which i thank the lord that Trev is so patient as he wants to go off on a 6 mile cycle but i refuse. I will one day though, i'm keeping practising and i will get there......

I hope you are all well and your losses are kind to you xx

Hi Julie,

Glad to hear you are well and loving the sound of the bike rides. Also glad to hear that you are getting results with ww.

It seems that we have had similar problems with the weight loss slowing down and it's soul destroying to go through those moments when it all just seems too much!

I bought myself the wls for dummies book and eventually realised that I needed more protein in my diet and a few less grams of carbs and fats. For me this seems to be doing the trick and I know that you will find your way forward too!

I think of you often and was wondering how you were getting on. I'm so glad that I now know and will keep an eye out for your future posts. Love to you and the family. xxxx :)

Hi Julie - Lovely to hear how well your settling into your new Wiltshire lifestyle...hope the house does`nt cause you any problems, last thing you need is another move, so soon on the heels of the last one.

Sounds like you`re really doing well; and ww is giving you another string to your bow. Good luck Julie, can`t be too long before your into the 16`s.

The rest of us - well can only speak for me, is plodding along on the journey and in the not too distant future, gonna reach our goal.

Take care hun x

Love Kat x

Hi Julie,
So glad to hear things are going well for you.
xXx

Thanks everyone, it's great to have the support of people on here. There are lots of new names and faces i need to get to know and realise where they are in their journeys, but i intend to remain as addicted to this site as ever...

Have a beautiful day all x

Hi Julie, great to hear you are settiling in your new home and enjoying your new fitness, sounds like your doing great x

Hi julie,

Great to hear that you have settled in to your new life in wiltshire. Good luck with the WW plan. Its meant to be v good and ive toyed with the idea of using it myself to shift this stubborn 1/2 stone and to give me some structure to my eating.

If you need any advice re the housing situation feel free to PM me as i advise on that kind of situation as part of my job x

Hey Julie,
Great to get an update from you.
Life sounds good for you right now apart from the small niggle with the house but hopefully that will be sorted.
Keep up the good work with the exercise, you are doing fab xx

Sounds like you are settling in nicely hun. Fingers crossed that everything is ok with the house and that Trev gets the cable sorted (mind you, it's nice to be without tv for a while, isn't it!) x

Hope all is soon sorted regarding the house problems. So glad you are finding new ways to help with the weightloss and enjoying the new found freedom of exercise whether walking or on your bike. So glad youare in a good place with yourself in more ways than one. I'm doing weight watchers pre-op and plan to continue post-op just to make sure I keep on the straight and narrow as I learn to live with that wonderful new weightloss tool I will be given when I have my op. Started back at the pool as I am determined to try to set things in place now so I keep going post-op. Take care and god luck.

Back