• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

still climbing a mountain

gingernutter

I am still awaiting my funding but I want to thank you all very much.

I had tears in my eyes at your kind messages of the support.

We are all here in search of comfort and understanding, all of us with common problems.

Obesity is almost a dirty word in our society Today. We can all join hands and hold our heads high while we are united in our quest to be accepted and to be treated with respect.

The support of this forum had lead me to a place of belonging. People have shown me kindness and compassion.

We all walk the same path in life and some times it is up hill. I hope to help others on their weight loss journey and share my own experiences as the world of obesity can be a very lonely place.

I want to thank you all for opening your hearts to me at a time when my weight loss journey is like walking in the dark.

Well put Sarah. Glad to see you back x

:hug99: nice to see you back!

liz x

hugs Sarah, and welcome back. tis lovely to see you posting again. x

Hi again, glad to see you here again...we all have value, we all have a voice....

We are all on a journey....and the journey is better with friends:)

Hey so glad you came back, the harder the fight the more you need your wls family. We've got lots of shoulders so feel free to use them!

:):):):)

Glad your posting again chucks. x

Thank you so much.

I hope to write to the head of the PCT this week.

I still haven't been given a date for my hearing. I heard on the grape vine that it might be Friday 23 Jan. Fingers crossed.

I did write to Mr.Brown at 10 Downing street. I did have a reply. Mr.Brown has passed my details onto the Department of health.

I wrote to the health minister and my details were also passed onto the Department of health.

The department of health have replied to me, They have told me that the PCT have to fund me if I fit the NICE guidelines (which I do)

I am going to write to the head of the PCT this week. Lets see what she has to say.

Thank you all for your continuing support. I couldn't get buy with out it.

Hope you are going to enclose all the replies from mr brown etc. Let them know you have not just sat back hoping they would change their minds. I really do hope you get your funding.
take care and stay strong
hc

I didn't think of that.

I didn't receive a direct reply from him but from his office but I think it shows my determination if nothing else.

I will included it! Thanks.

sarah, Its good that you have it in writing from DOH that they HAVE to fund you if you meet the criteria.

You should be really proud of yourself for the way you have tackled this head on. Many people would have fallen at the first hurdle, but you have been so courageous you deserve a medal.

I wonder do the PCT hope you give up?

Why make it so dam hard as if it isn't hard enough already.

I am strong at the moment because I am so angry.

I think that is just it, many people do give up when you throw a ball of red tape at them. You are so brave! If I was the PCT & got a letter with all the details of what you have done so far I would fund you just for your determination!!!

You go get 'em tiger!!!;);););)

sarah, Keep strong and your determination would put most of us to shame, you haven't given up, you are still going, but most of all you have never whinged you have had your rants and voiced your disappointment, and you've never really cpmlained about it all you've just simple got mon and done whats's needed to be done and for that alone let alone everything else i've mentioned have my utmost respect aswell as any support and friendship I can give you. If all else you still get no response give me a shout and the walsall posse pre op'ers will come and sit on the head of your pct 'til the submit. Keep smiling and I am thinking of you. So heres a massive hug from me (((((((HUGS, HUGS and even more HUGS))))))).

Back