• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Friends - Off Topic

fatbutnot4eva

Loves her gorgeous family
Hi
Like I say this is off topic, I have a small group of friends (if you call them it) girls from teh playground from taking our kids to school.
Well there was 6 of us then one who I and another girl walk to school with that fell out with one of the others well that split th group in half but I talk to both "sides" well yesterday I got to school and the group that my friend does not talk to came and chatted to me then my other 2 walked up and stood behind me while I was talking but I felt awkward. Then when kids came out of school they walked off and went to the park and didnt say a word. I have felt terrible all night and just dont know what to do.
The 2 who I am closer to are complete *****es and are always slagging people off so I know I am better off without them but it would mean I walk to school alone and it would make me feel really uncomfortable.
Gosh it was not this hard when I was at school.
I should have probably when my other friends arrived gone and stood with them but it was hard at the time. My hubby says I am better off without them as they are really *****y.
My daughter gets on really well with both their kids and all our kids do the same activities swimming lessons same classes etc.
I have not told anyone about my band but these 2 seem to keep asking about my weight and one joked that I had not had a band !!
What would you do. I feel I shoudl text or email one but then why should I
I dont think i was in the wrong.

playground bullies still exsist when we leave school, although i can tell your upset by this what really are you upset about? you now have to walk the kids to school alone ? or your sad cos you think you've lost 2 friends even if they are *****es?

both i think
i cant even tell them about the band coz they would be nasty

the band is really none of their buisness and I know this might sound harsh but if they were true friends do you really think they would have acted like they did and friends are usually supportive of each other. have a think about what you want from friends and if these people aren't fulfilling their role is it such a loss?

hi there, what a predicument these so called friends have put you in.Don't feel that you have to appologise as you did nothing wrong.The problem is theirs and you are a grown woman that is old enough and wise enough to decide who you talk to.If they were real friends then you would have confided in them about your band wouldn't you ?? I understand what you are saying about the kids being friends, but that shouldn't matter kids will still play together. Carry on as normal and on monday when you go to school just ask them where they got to.You'll find out then if they are still talking to you or are being immature.If they don't want to talk then its their loss sweetheart isn't it???? Take care its your life and life is too short to be going through this with so called adults.Don't let them rule you, you are better than that. xx Gaynor xx

both i think
i cant even tell them about the band coz they would be nasty

and you call them friends!! sorry but i would be telling them all to either grow up and accept each other for who they are or looking at meeting other genuine people who accept people warts and all.

Life is far to short to be worrying over who likes who in the playground as an adult.

cant abide playgroun bullies they tried to destroy me as a child no chance as an adult.

On a last note instead of looking at it as walking to school by yourself look at it as spending some quality time with yr daughter and then power walk back as part of your exercise programme.

Hope you get it resolved
hc

Just be yourself and make sure your child has a good time at school and don't get involved with them to much , say hello and get your child to school and into class , best to leave it till the doors are just opening and then go .

and you call them friends!! sorry but i would be telling them all to either grow up and accept each other for who they are or looking at meeting other genuine people who accept people warts and all.

Life is far to short to be worrying over who likes who in the playground as an adult.

cant abide playgroun bullies they tried to destroy me as a child no chance as an adult.

On a last note instead of looking at it as walking to school by yourself look at it as spending some quality time with yr daughter and then power walk back as part of your exercise programme.

Hope you get it resolved
hc

^^^
I agree with exactly what HC said!

at the end of the day its not your arguemenat and its unfir that they expect you to take sides, you could always try and explain that but if they are a pair of bi***es then they probably wont understand. and if all else fails what HC sounds good turn it to your advantage and use it as a quality time session and then a power walk session.

If I were you I'd start chatting to other parents around the school gates. I'd say a polite hello to these other girls keep it brief and it will be them wondering what the score is! The thing is you have choice here, they are making you feel bad but you really don't have to put up with it as an adult. It took me ages to realise this and have only figured this out after breaking off a friendship of some years. Hold your head up high when you walk to school and well done for not taking sides and being petty in the first place.xxxxxxx

Hear,hear prinny well said. you dont need negative people in your life, at this stage when you should be focusing on the positives, i find people like this drain me. have now learned to steer well clear, it`s hard, but as your confidence grows it`s easier to distance yourself. good luck hun xxxxxx

i hate playground politics my girls school is bad for it iv seen punch up the works me and my best mate stand to one side away from them all now as it just not worth buying into the rows and side taking or you take sides then it gets turned on you id just go alone and keep myself to myself they dont sound like friends worth having

Hi, I understand where your coming from cos I was in a similar position lately regarding so called friends that I met through my daughter going to school. I stupidly got myself too involved with a certain small group where jealousy was obviously an issue and I`ve had to take a step back for my own sanity really lol. I am civil to all involved but now when invited to various functions I just politely refuse. I`m not saying their kids aren`t welcome at our house or vice versa but I`m not getting involved and to b honest I feel alot happier about it so mb u should do the same. Your an adult now, if your so called friends want to carry on behaving like children just let them get on with it without u, you`ll b and feel like the better person for it xxx

Back