• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Physio...sciatica...not!!

Raynebubble

Well for the last 5 years i have had numerous pills and a few physio appointments for Sciatica.
The pain would go from my then fat butt cheek down the side of my right leg to my knee.
I was put on the pill which im still on as the doc said it was connected to my periods.
I was on amitryptaline for 2 years which they said would stop the pain but just sent me doolally.
i was then put on another pill which sent me more doolally.
But since the op the pain has been continual.. so went to docs and said i dont want any more pills.. so he said ok you can see out physiopherapist.

Today i had my appointment... she checked my back, and everywhere else... and she said.. why have they been treating you for sciatica... yu dont have that... you have a tilted pelvis... ooh er!!

so i now have some excercises to do to try and get it alligned for the next two weeks...
The pain in my leg she said may improve one my pelvis is sorted... but she said if it still hurts when i go back she is going to give me a steroid injection.. she said dont worry we will get it sorted... finally.. after 6 years!!

she checked my records and the physio i had in 2009 would of done no god a all as they were treating the wrong area!!

ooh rant over lol xx

Glad you have found the problem & its tractable without even more medication .
Hope the exercises do the trick & the pain gets sorted for good xx

Why does this not surprise me LoL. I was treated for trapped nerve and found out 4 years later I have cervical spondylosis with root nerve compression and now under neurologist....

Thankyou Pandora xx

Why does this not surprise me LoL. I was treated for trapped nerve and found out 4 years later I have cervical spondylosis with root nerve compression and now under neurologist....

ooh that sounds technical!! blimey!!
my doc kept saying once you have lost weight then it will ease off!! Hope your problem can be sorted, i dont really know much about it xx

ooh that sounds technical!! blimey!!
my doc kept saying once you have lost weight then it will ease off!! Hope your problem can be sorted, i dont really know much about it xx

They want to take out the damaged spine and replace it with an artificial one, I am not sure what to do as there is a 50% chance of ending up in a wheel chair :eek:

Oh Julie thats sounds like a massive op... something you need to do a lot of thinking about. big hugs xx

Well for the last 5 years i have had numerous pills and a few physio appointments for Sciatica.
The pain would go from my then fat butt cheek down the side of my right leg to my knee.
I was put on the pill which im still on as the doc said it was connected to my periods.
I was on amitryptaline for 2 years which they said would stop the pain but just sent me doolally.
i was then put on another pill which sent me more doolally.
But since the op the pain has been continual.. so went to docs and said i dont want any more pills.. so he said ok you can see out physiopherapist.

Today i had my appointment... she checked my back, and everywhere else... and she said.. why have they been treating you for sciatica... yu dont have that... you have a tilted pelvis... ooh er!!

so i now have some excercises to do to try and get it alligned for the next two weeks...
The pain in my leg she said may improve one my pelvis is sorted... but she said if it still hurts when i go back she is going to give me a steroid injection.. she said dont worry we will get it sorted... finally.. after 6 years!!

she checked my records and the physio i had in 2009 would of done no god a all as they were treating the wrong area!!

ooh rant over lol xx

It never ceases to amaze me how they can get things so wrong................... hope you get it sorted now x

I know it surprised me when she said... well feeling everwhere you can definately tell your pelvis is unaligned.
But hey ho... hopefully it wil be sorted ad the steroid injection will help with the pain... i know ie lived with it for a long time... but i can do without it now lol x

Its getting someone to listen thats so frustrating,I have lost count of the gp visits where I walk out no better off with more pills on a script!

i know what you are saying...i was so fed up with them saying... if you lose weight the pain will go... but now i think cos the physiopherapist could actually feel my bones lol, ive now got the right diagnoses.
I am so glad i have had this op otherwise i would still be going through being treated for the wrong ailments lol

Hi Rayne, I thought I had sciatica before Christmas and was in agony - given really strong pain killers which didn't take the edge off it at all. I went to see an osteopath who said I had twisted my pelvis, after a bit of manual manipulation I was fine. I don't know how I would have dealt with the surgery and that pain (which was a million times worse than the op!)

Injections and pills just mask the issue, keep up the exercises - and if all else fails get yourself down to an osteopath, I promise you wont regret it!

i will do thankyou Dinda... ive told them i dont want any more pain killers.. so hopefully the excercises will help... ive been doing as im told so i hope it works. I cant afford t see a private osteopath so maybe if the physio doesnt work, my doctor a be able to refer me to one x

There is this really good pain relieving gel called bio-freeze that was recommended to me by a friend. I got mine from Holland and Barrett but it is cheaper on line. That might be worth a try Rayne?

Good luck with it all, I hate pain (and exercise!)

Sciatica is bad enough when you really have it but to believe that it was for all those years :( i'm glad they're sorting you out now though, i have amitryptoline too xx

And you Kate..... we all on the same Journey and hopefully a happier and healthier one xxx

There is this really good pain relieving gel called bio-freeze that was recommended to me by a friend. I got mine from Holland and Barrett but it is cheaper on line. That might be worth a try Rayne?

Good luck with it all, I hate pain (and exercise!)

lol... luckily these excercises are just standing with my foot on a stall and rocking back and forth four times a day.
Bio Freeze..right ive written that down.... my back doesnt really hurt as much as my leg does.. so i will pop in there and see if its ok xx thanks xx

Sciatica is bad enough when you really have it but to believe that it was for all those years :( i'm glad they're sorting you out now though, i have amitryptoline too xx

i know it was a bit of a shocker lol.... ooh the amitryptoline sent me doolally.. i would have to wake up at 6 to get out of bed for 6.30 as i would sit on the bed and not be able to function.. i would have to write lists everywhere aswell cos i would forget what i was doing... so not a good thing for me x

Back