• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

my day of reflection not what i expected

hopelesscase

To day is the anniversery of my surgery and talk about ironic.
My sister has a degenerative nurological condition and unfortunatly due to uncontrolled pain she ended up being admitted into salford royal hospital yesturday:sigh:

Whilst going to get a drink i literally bumped into the lovely basil ammorie as we both came around the corner. He was very appologetic and i just said why its mr ammorie. He laughed and said "yes it is" he was with a very important looking woman and i just said to him " i dont expect you to remember me but 12 months ago tomorrow you gave me a new start to life". He got hold of my shoulder looked me up and down and said and its oviously worked.
He then said to the woman who turned out to be the clinical director "This lady is one of the first ladys i bypassed". she stood with her mouth open for a few seconds and said "you would never of know you had had a weight problem you look so trim and well".
We then discussed how much weight i had lost and how it had all been before we went off in our seperate ways.

Never in a million years did i expect to be at the hospital but to bump into him and be reminded of what a fantastically skilled but genuine man he is was fantastic.

Everything else i had planned has now gone out of the window for now as i have my son in bed ill with tonsillitus for the 2nd time in 2 weeks and my sister in hospital.

But on a positive note my weight this morning id 9st 10lbs so that id a total loss of 11st 2lbs:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

have a fab day everyone and i will catch up with you all later.

Well done you. That is an amazing loss. What a lovely surprise to see the man himself on your surgerversary.

I hope everyone gets well soon. x

Congratulations Carole - what a huge loss! Happy Surgiversary! I hope the family are all feeling better soon.

Lx

Carole that is an amazing weight loss and what a lovely reaction from a very busy man. May you continue to enjoy your new found life and inspire others on here who are to start their journey or are going through some of the trials and tribulations the journey throws at us.

Hope your son and sister get better soon - sending you all special hugs and fairy dust xx

:)A very,very happy surgiversary Carole:)

What a hectic time you are having-it's a good job you are still such a strong lady (despite being so tiny now - lol)

I'm so,so sorry to hear about your sister's pain & that your sons tonsils are giving him trouble (they used to whip 'em out at the first sign of probs when I was a kid)

Well it must of been fate yesterday-if anyone deserved to meet up with their surgeon after a year you certainly did-bet he was glad you were one of his star patients as he had one of the bigwigs with him! It brought a tear of happiness to my eye to read your post Carole & I know you will have plenty of other times to celebrate your success of the last year

Hope everyone feels better soon

Happy Surgiversary Carole, and hope your Sis and Son are soon much better xx:D

Aww, Carole, has it really been a year? I joke but I also have to say what a dramatic transformation you have made in 12 months. The other night you had on a sexy little jumper dress and you really looked a million! It was fanatastic that Dr. Ammori got to see you 12 months later and show you off as a great success because that is definately what you are - HUGE SUCCESS STORY!!!!

So sorry to hear that your sister is unwell, give her my best wishes to feel better soon. And with your boy sick in bed too, that must be tough so tell him he as to cut it out and get better! Sending warm, get well vibes your way and hoping they are both doing better soon.

CONGRATS on your terrific journey and you 11s2lbs lost, YOU ARE A STAR!!!

Hugs,
Nic:D

Well thats what I call fate! Fancy that, ive got goosiebumps just thinking about it.

So sorry to hear your sister has taken a turn for the worse, I reall hope she improves soon and of course your son :( is there ni chance of them taking the tonsils out? They FINALLY took my sons out when he was 14 or 15....when we were bringing him home one of the surgeons came up to us in the car park and said they had never removed such huge tonsils and his adenoids were the size of meatballs (his words) no wonder the poor budgger had an apnoea!

It made such a difference to my son Carol..he suffered badly, sounds like your son does too.

Happy surgiversary :) well done on the further loss

Take care, Phoebe Xx

Deffo fate what a way to top your 12 months off!!Brilliant over all loss,hope the family are doing ok.Maz x

Carole - congratulations on your surgisversary - you really are 1 of a kind and as Nic has said - looks fantastic on Wed!
Im sorry to hear all is not well with your sis and son - sending get well wishes your way!

Well done hun! Your great!

Hi Carole, well if that isn't fate I don't know what is!! :eek::D

Congratulations on achieving all you have achieved this past year, you look amazing. Best wishes to you and your family,

Cuppa xx

Happy Anniversary Carole and how lovely on such a special day for you to meet your surgeon and for him to see you looking so well! It must also mean a lot to him knowing that his work is changes people's lives.

congrats022.gif

Sorry to hear about your sister and son both not being well just now. Sending get well wishes to them both.
GS_48ad1d8751d9ac285c43e3be47793ea2.png

Love Mini xxx

Wow Carole. Happy Surgiversary.

You continue to inspire me and I hope I can be anywhere near as successful as you. How wonderful, as others have already said, to have bumped into Mr Ammorie yesterday so he could see in the flesh how well you have done.

Sorry to hear about your sis and your son. Hope they are both feeling better soon.

Amazing weight loss Carol..........happy anniversary.
How cool for you to meet your surgeon like that as your first year closed, almost like closing the door on the old you and starting all over again You have done so well if I do half as good I will be thrilled
All you long term bypassers give us in the wings waiting the courage to keep going
Thanks for that

Jay xx

awww thanks everyone. I have found this journey relativly easy but saying that i think that was because i wasnt an emotional eater and didnt have any food addictions so didnt have many head issues to address. i have stuck to the rules 100% and still have not had anything that i shouldnt upto this day and long may it reign.
I really havent felt deprived of anything and cant believe how much my tastes have changed and how much i enjoy food these days. Besides the bypass contributing to that i also believe because i am eating good quality wholesome food without additives etc i now know what real food tastes like.
off to explore what everyone else is upto
take care
carole

Carole congrats on all you've done and achieved in the last 12 months. You are a really inspiration to others, you led a busy active life before hand, but now you just don't seem to stop. Let's hope as minis grows there will be more and more inspirational people (like you, nic and shel were when I first joined), around to give newbies a great start on this fabulous journey of weight loss surgery.

Talk about fate carol! how nice was that though! you are a real inspiration to everyone on here i just hope i can follow in your footsteps, hope your family are feeling better, take care x

Back