• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Piercings and weight loss

HiddenBeauty

Lil Miss Kitty
I want to have a snakebite piercing (two rings in lower lip) but mum brought up a very good thought, with the weight I am loosing now and will do after the op will that effect the piercings.

I can understand it effecting things like a naval piercing.. but what about lip?

I dont see how it will affect a lip piercing,now my nipple piercings,and my belly one will catch in my tights when I finish loosing!No just kidding Jac dont have them pierced.....only my lady bits!lol.Maz x

*ggls at you all*

GIRLS!!!! trust u 2 to lower the tone, hahahahaha! nutters!

LMAO!!! 'takes hands and slaps them' - naughty girls! xxx

or born to be bad - hahahaha xxx

lol, life could get boring if you two werent in it, lol. you make my day. big hugs both of you x x x

I've got piercings in numerous body parts...I've had no problems at all since my bypass/losing over 4 stone so far...the only thing I would say is wait until after your op anyway, because you will have to take out the metal-ware, especially anything around/in the mouth, for the op. I had to take out my tongue-bar, but I had it pierced years ago so it was fine, but it can take months for a piercing to heal properly, so probably best to wait until post-op. xx

Last edited:
I've got piercings in numerous body parts...I've had no problems at all since my bypass/losing over 4 stone so far...the only thing I would say is wait until after your op anyway, because you will have to take out the metal-ware, especially anything around/in the mouth, for the op. I had to take out my tongue-bar, but I had it pierced years ago so it was fine, but it can take months for a piercing to heal properly, so probably best to wait until post-op. xx

That's a good point ... I shall wait then..

Ignore this lot - they are very nawty!!!

I would wait - my face has definitely dropped post -op - and can imagine that the amount of chins I have lsot has made a difference to my bottom lip.

Mind you the only piercing I have is my ears - just the once - so I'm hardly a fount of knowledge!!

Agree with all those who say piercings need removing for surgery

xx

I've got my lip pierced and have lost just over 7 stone so far. It hasn't effected my piercing at all.

As others have said I did have to take it out for surgery though and I didn't even feel like putting it back in for a few days after if it wasn't so well healed I'm sure it would have closed up in that time.

X

Back