• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Sally Morgan gastric bypass

sicknote

Hello all,

Just got back from a sally morgan show
It was brilliant by the way but the thing that struck me most was how tiny she was.... I must admit We was in the top corner of the theatre but she was still tiny
Due to a gastric bypass, I thought i wonder if she'l talk about it, she never but it made me realise how obssesed i'd become re gathering info on bypass lol x well to my astonishment on the way out there was a book stall with all the usual promo tat books/calenders etc and my mum said look love.... she's only got her own gastric bypass dvd!!!! so my darling mum brought a copy and we watched it tonight and i must say it was very heartwarming as you see her in her own home doing normal stuff and it wasn't glamourized or put down it was brass tact worry of dying etc. after watching it mum turned to me and said "so love how do you feel after seeing that"! I said i'm honestly feeling the same way she was and scared....With that the wicker conservatory arm chair i was sitting in collapsed!!!!!!!!! i'm not kidding either lol, the leg snapped under my weight!!! I'v never felt embarrassed infront of mum but i did tonight. she was laughing and so was i after the shock went and i said well to be honest mum the busted chair say's it all BRING ON THE SURGERY lol x I'd recommend her dvd if not for all of it but just to see a bit of how your feeling or how you was feeling xx All the best to everyone xx

blueeyes

I think I saw that when it aired on tv. And it was pre op for me and I found it also very honest and frank. It's useful to see people NOT trying to hide their feelings of desperation and how they really feel when they decide to have surgery.

Good luck Hun x

Undecided

Hi sicknote,

I think this was the thing that was on tv a while back. I missed it and couldnmt get it online either. Might try looking for it again now :)

BlueDiamond

Hello all,

Just got back from a sally morgan show
It was brilliant by the way but the thing that struck me most was how tiny she was.... I must admit We was in the top corner of the theatre but she was still tiny
Due to a gastric bypass, I thought i wonder if she'l talk about it, she never but it made me realise how obssesed i'd become re gathering info on bypass lol x well to my astonishment on the way out there was a book stall with all the usual promo tat books/calenders etc and my mum said look love.... she's only got her own gastric bypass dvd!!!! so my darling mum brought a copy and we watched it tonight and i must say it was very heartwarming as you see her in her own home doing normal stuff and it wasn't glamourized or put down it was brass tact worry of dying etc. after watching it mum turned to me and said "so love how do you feel after seeing that"! I said i'm honestly feeling the same way she was and scared....With that the wicker conservatory arm chair i was sitting in collapsed!!!!!!!!! i'm not kidding either lol, the leg snapped under my weight!!! I'v never felt embarrassed infront of mum but i did tonight. she was laughing and so was i after the shock went and i said well to be honest mum the busted chair say's it all BRING ON THE SURGERY lol x I'd recommend her dvd if not for all of it but just to see a bit of how your feeling or how you was feeling xx All the best to everyone xx

I Thought Sally Morgan has gastric band done not bypass. Correct me If I am wrong....

starr

very happy post opper
i see it on tv a while back ,i think it was a bypass,was an interesting watch,but i just want to ask sicknote ,you could av asked when wed get our op letters ? , lol x

sicknote

i see it on tv a while back ,i think it was a bypass,was an interesting watch,but i just want to ask sicknote ,you could av asked when wed get our op letters ? , lol x

you always make me smile :) x I should have yes lol x I said to my mum when sally was having a breakdown, "well if she's psychic surely she'l know if its going to turn out alright" hahahha x sent Doctor sent my referal off to chichester this afternoon, just got back and i'm so excited again, he didn't seem keen on me going to chichester but i said firmly thats the one i want.... he then said he was just worried about my ability to get there for assesments etc so i told him the other half was going to drive.... he's not i can't stand his driving lol scares the pants of me xxx hope your well and still keeping my fingers crossed for a earlier op date for you xxxxxxxxxx

sicknote

I Thought Sally Morgan has gastric band done not bypass. Correct me If I am wrong....

hi, I thought she had a band too but she's had a bypass and you see it all on the dvd xxxx i also thought sharon osborne had a band but appaerantly she's bypass too xx hope your well x

sicknote

Hi sicknote,

I think this was the thing that was on tv a while back. I missed it and couldnmt get it online either. Might try looking for it again now :)

Hi hun, its was... on living t.v "a fly on the wall documentry" xx its Called psychic sally's big fat operation if that helps you track it down xx its not overly involved re procedure side but more emotional side xx hope your well xxx

sicknote

I think I saw that when it aired on tv. And it was pre op for me and I found it also very honest and frank. It's useful to see people NOT trying to hide their feelings of desperation and how they really feel when they decide to have surgery.

Good luck Hun x

hi, yes it was really good to see the real feelings of her choice publicly and sally's familys reaction to her choice, I got talking to one off her stage crew and he told me that i would never look back, which i thought was nice of him xxxx

janeyf

I watched this show when it was on telly. It was really good. Somehow you don't expect her to be as frightened - as if knowing all she does about the afterlife, she wouldn't be worried. Great story

Jane x

starr

very happy post opper
so glad you got where you want , i got a call today ,but missed it,i watch that fone 23 hours and 59mins a day and i missed the blinkin fing!i called back and it was answer fone ,left a message ,waiting to hear hopefully tomorrow ,its a right laugh this gastric surgery wait aint it! lol not!,as for the journey to hospital,youl get there ok ,i travel from herne bay to chelsea(hubby drives) and its fine ,as long as you make sure you leave in plenty of time,i know if i was late they remove you from the list at c&w,and to be honest its only a handful of times for appointments,id crawl if it meant id get my op,keep ya chin up,looking forward to hearing all about your journey xx

sicknote

I watched this show when it was on telly. It was really good. Somehow you don't expect her to be as frightened - as if knowing all she does about the afterlife, she wouldn't be worried. Great story

Jane x

hi, she was shockingly worried at the end and like you i didn't expect to see her sooooo upset and worried and like you say surely she would have known the out come better than anyone, perhaps she did already know after a heads up from the spirit world and they where t.v tears to sell more DvD's lol xxxxx

sicknote

so glad you got where you want , i got a call today ,but missed it,i watch that fone 23 hours and 59mins a day and i missed the blinkin fing!i called back and it was answer fone ,left a message ,waiting to hear hopefully tomorrow ,its a right laugh this gastric surgery wait aint it! lol not!,as for the journey to hospital,youl get there ok ,i travel from herne bay to chelsea(hubby drives) and its fine ,as long as you make sure you leave in plenty of time,i know if i was late they remove you from the list at c&w,and to be honest its only a handful of times for appointments,id crawl if it meant id get my op,keep ya chin up,looking forward to hearing all about your journey xx

Hi starr, I'm so sorry i didn't reply to your message, i have only just seen it... you posted at 6.09pm and i posted at 6.11pm which is why i :flowers:didn't see it as it takes me half hour to type something so i was typing when you posted really sorry xxx Have you heard anything? did they ring you back? hope it all turning in your favour now x I'v got an appointment on the 24th so excited just hope you hear something soon, just to cheer you up my hubby looked over my shoulder when i was typing and he said "cor who's that" i said "starr" to which he said "she's gorgeous:heartpump:" I then informed him that you have a son the same age as him :whoopass:and he blushed and said well i dont care she's "fit" x
so youv'e got a few admirrers in this house pmsl x hope your well starr and hope to speak soon night night xx

starr

very happy post opper
where you been?thought youd won the lottery and run away !haha erm,another spec saver moment for hubby eh lol but i must admit the "newish hair gets some nice comments"so thankyou youve made my day!and all these years i stayed a good catholic,redheaded daughter to my redheaded late irish dad, ,wish id found the hair dye sooner lol, ,,i got my date 6th july,yippee!you wait its the freakiest feeling, i really hope your not far behind me and your appointment goes well ,let me know il be waiting to hear all about it xx

sicknote

where you been?thought youd won the lottery and run away !haha erm,another spec saver moment for hubby eh lol but i must admit the "newish hair gets some nice comments"so thankyou youve made my day!and all these years i stayed a good catholic,redheaded daughter to my redheaded late irish dad, ,wish id found the hair dye sooner lol, ,,i got my date 6th july,yippee!you wait its the freakiest feeling, i really hope your not far behind me and your appointment goes well ,let me know il be waiting to hear all about it xx

Hi x :talk017:YIPEE:party0019::party0019: YIPEE:talk017: YIPEE you have made my day i'm so pleased for you thats brilliant news:party0019:, I bet your on cloud 9 still! cant wait to be feeling the same as you do now.. I'm genuinly pleased that you know and its really soon so you can get your head straight and start your packing, but long enough to start sorting through your house ready for when you come home xxi'm glad you have some luck coming your way lol at specsavers he's got perfect vision lol with good taste too he is very picky sometimes i ask him why are you even with me pmsl, been busy booking venues,buffett menus and guest list started out 37 Adults now where up too 88 guests?!?!?!? i'm sure some of them think its like a wedding lol, what can you do a, just pay the bill and let them eat cake pmsl x

really really pleased for you, i'm going to go and have a nice day now and hope you are too big hugs to you xxxxxxxxxxxxxx