• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

plantar fasciitis (heel pain)

Flipping heck! You know i had something like this before, like Charis just realised i've not had it for ages. Usually came on after a nights sleep. I used to walk like a flat footed idiot for a while until my feet seemed to loosen up!

Thanks for that xx

I think I suffer from it?!? Is it the pain in the big lump at the back of your heel that feels like you've been whacked with a hammer? I ohpe it is something that gets better after losing weight if it is.

I've had PF twice in the past 5 years - haven't had it for over a year now so fingers crossed its gone for good!!!

I put it down to wearing flip flops for a fortnight on holiday... The first time I had it, it was so intense that i had to have v strong pain killers, physio and finally the dreaded steriod injection (omg it hurt worse than the PF) before it went away.

Second time round I did the physio at home and my GP referred me to orthopedics who supplied me with gel inserts for my shoes. I now stick to boots rather than shoes, and won't wear anything less than a 1inch heel. I do get painful cramps in my feet, particulary at night, but thankfully the PFs not come back yet!

My hubby lives in crocs, his feet have been so much better since I got him wearing crocs. He had really bad athletes foot, they helped loads :D x

Reactions: Bev
It's an aim for me to have backless sandals... I need support shoes right now because of my back problem... I use Josef Seibel shoes since they seem to help me and they are great for standing and walking... since gaining so much weight, I live in 'sensible shoes' sadly... maybe, just maybe I'll be back in stiletto's one fine day! Never say never...

Now how that will affect my heel pain... I will have to let you know! xxx

Back