• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Plastics after WLS.........would you recommend?

Meggie

Hi,
I am 14 months out from my op (where did the time go?!?!) and am now at roughly goal weight. I have lost about 7 and a half stone and my body seems pretty happy where it is right now!! I had always said that I wouldn't bother have a tummy tuck until I'd had kids, and I don't even know whether they'd count my belly as bad enough for funding, even though I think it looks awful. It has now got to that lovely deflated balloon stage so its all crinkly.

I guess my question is, to the people who had a tummy tuck, was it worth it? I realise there are many people who had much more to lose than me so their bellys were much worse after. Also, do you think its worth waiting until after children?

Thanks. Sorry for not being on for months. I'm permanently knackered at the mo and cant face the net after work.

Hope all is well!!!

Haha...just seen this after posting my own questions. Looks like Mr H has us both thinking. Will keep an eye on your post too x

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Indeed my lovely. I hope he refers me too, so I get the option anyway. I guess if you don't ask, you don't get. Still not sure I'd do it, and if I did I think it'd just be my tummy. I'd prob get addicted and want more and more surgery!!!

My understanding is that it is better to maintain your loss for a year or preferably 2 (some pcts insist on it) to allow your skin and shape time to settle, and also to wait until after you've completed your family.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Back