• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hi can I have some advice please!!

Priesty

Hi,

I had my op on the 12th of March (bypass). St Richards put you straight onto sloppy food. This I am finding hard. I am now having weetabix for breakfast and have been having a jacket potato (just the inside) mashed with a extra light laughing cow triangle or half a can of weight watchers veg soup for lunch and a ready meal, low fat weight watchers of either beef hotpot or somthing similar for dinner (I don't eat all of it just till im full).

I had what I think was dumping last friday when I had some ambrosia low fat rice pudding for tea (wont be having that again). It made me feel very ill and went straight through me (sorry to be graphic)

Ive never been a sloppy food type of person and am really struggling with what to have, I also am getting a bit fed up of potato. Ive never been a soup lover (except tomato which I know I cant have) and just need to know that once I can move onto the next stage at week 4 things are going to get better??!!:sigh:

Are there any ideas for the sloppy stage that you can give me and once im onto the next stage what sort of things can I eat. Are there any non obvious things I should avoid all togther (so I dont repeat rice pudding incident!!)

Thanks
Take Care

Paula XX

Cottage cheese I found nice. Mix that into the potato or blend a couple of prawns into the cheese.

try adding some carrot and swede into potato and mashing it altogether with a little grated cheese, I've found I enjoy that better than just potato.

Hi Priesty

Have you tried the weightwatchers tomato soup at all? its not too bad. Also the steak and potato big soup is good (blitz it)(I manage about a third of a tin now).
You can try hummous or cauliflower cheese all mooshed up and the mashed swede is good with gravy.

It's hard I know but you wont be on sloppies forever, I was just starting sloppies 2 weeks post op so compared to the 2 weeks liquids lol the sloppies were a gift ;)

i have been enjoying scrambled egg and cheese too :)

and no added sugar angel delight is yummy!

I lived on the weightwatchers tomato soup during my liquid stage it's really quite nice. I also had natural yogurt and lots of ice lollies, your doing really well as i had 4 weeks of liquids before i could go onto the slops i was climbing the walls!!!!

HI,

Thanks, I shall try some of those ideas. The other thing I meant to ask was does anyone else get wind when they eat. It seems to ping pong between my pouch and throat but won't come up.

I eat really slowly and only have small mouthfulls of food. I don't drink at meal times and chew really well but the feeling really makes me feel uncomfortable and sometimes a bit sicky after I eat.

Anyway only a few weeks togo till I can try other foods.

Take Care

Paula XX

i definitely feel it gurgling around lol

I have had a few times with terrible wind, sometimes it gets trapped and is rather painful and the times it comes up Hubby says it's like living in a farmyard!

Grated cheese is fab to add to lots of things to give a bit of flavour to bland mushed up food. I used a really strong mature cheese. Unfortunately due to a stenosis I've been on mushy and liquidised foods for 9 weeks so i feel your frustration when it comes to mushy foods.

Rice pud was suggested to me too but I dumped on it. Read the labels on stuff as even the lighter versions can have 15% sugar and fat.

Cottage cheese (plain or with chives), light soft cheese (philly), tinned minced beef, blended fish in sauce, blended chicken in white sauce and if you are up to eat things a little firmer fresh potted beef.

Enjoy!
x

Hi, Thanks all for all your suggestions and advice. I am certainly doing a lot better. I think I got a bit down and due to other problems (i.e. my monthly since day of op and still going 14 days later grrrrrrrrrrrrr) another cold and feeling quite sorry for myself. The weight watchers meals seem ok for me and yes angel delight no added sugar is lovely yum yum. I have a rich tea biscuit as a snack with cup of tea now and then mid morning and a banana or weetabix for breakfast. Lunch is still a tricky problem but only I think cause my brain is screaming BREAD & Sandwiches which I have to admit I miss more than anything else. I am trying to find some other alternatives and think I may try some scrambled egg with cheese today. Take Care Paula X

Hi keep trying to edit above but it wont save grrrrrrr I meant to add I cant stand cottage cheese and the only cheese I really like is boursin, I dont mind hard cheeses melted but only like medium ones. I am going to make a ragu tomorrow and add some cheese to that which should be nice. Take Care Paula XX

Hi,

I had my op on the 12th of March (bypass). St Richards put you straight onto sloppy food. This I am finding hard. I am now having weetabix for breakfast and have been having a jacket potato (just the inside) mashed with a extra light laughing cow triangle or half a can of weight watchers veg soup for lunch and a ready meal, low fat weight watchers of either beef hotpot or somthing similar for dinner (I don't eat all of it just till im full).

I had what I think was dumping last friday when I had some ambrosia low fat rice pudding for tea (wont be having that again). It made me feel very ill and went straight through me (sorry to be graphic)

Ive never been a sloppy food type of person and am really struggling with what to have, I also am getting a bit fed up of potato. Ive never been a soup lover (except tomato which I know I cant have) and just need to know that once I can move onto the next stage at week 4 things are going to get better??!!:sigh:

Are there any ideas for the sloppy stage that you can give me and once im onto the next stage what sort of things can I eat. Are there any non obvious things I should avoid all togther (so I dont repeat rice pudding incident!!)

Thanks
Take Care

Paula XX
Hey hun you are doing really well to be on sloppys i had my opp 16th march and i am on fluids only for the first four weeks . sloppys to start at week 5 although i have managed a tin of tomato soup lol i thought that was good . good luck hun .

Back