• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Please Help!!! binge in progress

Hi, I'm a 2 day newbie. Had 1st band fill last monday, but just sat here and managed to eat a finger of twix and 2 packets of pringles rice infusions. Feeling really bad, why can i eat this? why am I sabbotaging my surgery? Feel like a total failure and 8k poorer. any advice/support would be most gratefully accepted. Just don't know whats wrong with me.

hi
firstly, welcome to minis, and secondly you are not a failure, having a band takes time to get used to, old habbits are hard to break, just because we have a band does not change peoples chain of thought about food instantly, most people dont get good restriction after the 1st fill as they build up the tightness of the band gradually, the band will allow sugary foods and crisps through it so will power is required with these foods, i was more of a savoury eater, and its stopped me eating stuff like pizza, burgers take aways ect as they were my big down fall.
as time goes on with your band it will get easier as you learn to understand it and how it works with different, with the different types of foods eaten. There is nothing wrong with you hun, it just takes time to ajust thought wise towards food.

liz x

I've just eaten a massive bowl of sugapuffs:eek::eek::eek:
Soon wont be able to do this:eek::eek:

I totally agree Liz. Im in the mushy food stages but sure ill find going bak to normal food hard and may have sum slip ups. I wont let it get to me thou and ill learn from my mistakes x

Hi Karen welcome to minis I had my band in July and have had 4 fills so far and still dont think I have got the right restriction so please dont feel like a failure it does take time and like others say if we didnt all have a problem with food then we wouldnt have needed surgery in the first place. Keep your chin up there are some lovely people on here who are always willing to give encouragement and advice.
Take Care xx

Back