• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Please help me- post-op can't stop crying

gaby

Hi, I just had my sleeve done with Dr Cierny in Breclav on Tuesday.

Since the surgery I haven't been able to stop crying and I'm wondering if this is normal.

Has this happened to anyone else? I'm really scared that this might go on for a while and I will need further time off work.

Thanks,
Gaby

Oh Gaby, I feel for you.
I had a bit of a cry too (i don't easily cry).

Maybe it is outpouring of held up emotion? Doing this selective (for me) operation is a huge thing. Once it is over, you think... well what now? and then feel what have I done to myself.

Don't worry. it will pass. All the medicine in you is probably causing havoc to your system. Just rest, enjoy resting and let your body and soul heal. See, most of the post op messages are of good news.... you will be fine. Just take it easy for this initial difficult, recovery period. Next week you will be good as new.
x

Hi Gaby, could it be the anaesthetic and pain meds both of which can play on our emotions.

Feel better x

I was really emotional for weeks after my op. WLS affects the hormone balance in our body in some way. Maybe some of the medical bods on here could help me out?

A lot of people experience what your going through (((Huggs))) it will pass xxx

Sending hugs sweetheart.....I think its quite common....I was an emotional wreck for some time afterwards....I lay in my hospital bed sobbing lol just be gentle with yourself sweetness, you've been thru a huge operation.....just let yourself rest up, don't be hard on yourself and allow yourself emotionally heal along with the physical :) give yourself a huge hug and know that in time it will pass honestly x x x x hugs againx x x

Thank you very much for your message. Reading them made me cry even more! Everyone here was quite concerned as I was crying and sobbing so much, I was in so much emotional pain. Thank you again xxx

Thank you for this. It really helps to know that I am not the only one. A lot of the thoughts that I was having were that this would be how I would end up and there was no going back. I felt awful. Today I woke up feeling a lot better and go back to London. Again, thank you so much for your kind words.

Oh Gaby, I feel for you.
I had a bit of a cry too (i don't easily cry).

Maybe it is outpouring of held up emotion? Doing this selective (for me) operation is a huge thing. Once it is over, you think... well what now? and then feel what have I done to myself.

Don't worry. it will pass. All the medicine in you is probably causing havoc to your system. Just rest, enjoy resting and let your body and soul heal. See, most of the post op messages are of good news.... you will be fine. Just take it easy for this initial difficult, recovery period. Next week you will be good as new.
x

Sending hugs sweetheart.....I think its quite common....I was an emotional wreck for some time afterwards....I lay in my hospital bed sobbing lol just be gentle with yourself sweetness, you've been thru a huge operation.....just let yourself rest up, don't be hard on yourself and allow yourself emotionally heal along with the physical :) give yourself a huge hug and know that in time it will pass honestly x x x x hugs againx x x

Thank you so much Crystal. Your words were so sweet. I feel so much better now, even though they made me a cry a lot. I think I was trying to do too much at once. I gave up smoking (which I am horribly dependant on) on the same day as my surgery and was a total wreck. I managed three days and I just had two, and threw away the packet. I'm blaming the fact that I wasn't able to take Champix for three days. Feel a lot better now. Thank you so much xxx

I was really emotional for weeks after my op. WLS affects the hormone balance in our body in some way. Maybe some of the medical bods on here could help me out?

A lot of people experience what your going through (((Huggs))) it will pass xxx

Thank you. I do feel much better after reading all the comments :) xxx

I can only reiterate what everyone has said. Having this op is such a financial commitment and you spend weeks/months worrying before the op about the implications / will I survive / what will happen to my kids / will I lose weight etc etc. I think after the op you're just grateful you got through it, you have the feelings of 'what have I done' etc. Emotions are all over the place. Take it easy and understand that you took this decision to enable you to enjoy the rest of your life. You've achieved so much by actually having the op, now is your time to power through the liquid/purée/mush phase and start enjoying your life. You will get there.

Thank you. They had to put me on tranquilisers at the end because things got pretty bad, but I returned home yesterday and I haven't had any today. Still feeling a little down but so much better xxx

I can only reiterate what everyone has said. Having this op is such a financial commitment and you spend weeks/months worrying before the op about the implications / will I survive / what will happen to my kids / will I lose weight etc etc. I think after the op you're just grateful you got through it, you have the feelings of 'what have I done' etc. Emotions are all over the place. Take it easy and understand that you took this decision to enable you to enjoy the rest of your life. You've achieved so much by actually having the op, now is your time to power through the liquid/purée/mush phase and start enjoying your life. You will get there.

Thank you. They had to put me on tranquilisers at the end because things got pretty bad, but I returned home yesterday and I haven't had any today. Still feeling a little down but so much better xxx
Gaby, How do you feel now that it is several months after the op.
I am considering Dr Cierny too. Who did you book him with.

Back