• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Please Help!!

Dodsie

10 weeks post op today & the Wii just told me that I have put on 2 pounds now I know that I could do with going to the loo but surely I havent?!!

I genuinely have not been eating incorrectly, nothing I shouldnt have.
Yesterday I had
100gms fruit salad - brekkie
1 slice malted bread (WW) & some prawns - lunch
1 desert spoon mash, lamb casserole with carrots & leeks & runner beans - dinner - I use a small cereal bowl to ensure the portion is not too large.

At least a litre of water, 3 cups of tea and 400ml lacto free semi skimmed milk.

I just dont know what to do next. I am excercising every day - have joined a ladies only circuit training gym (curves) & I walk there and back (10 mins each way).
I am also using the wii fit though less because of the gym.

Please help with some advice - I am getting so disheartened - am I building muscle do you think?
I have even measure myself and cant see any great difference there - feeling so fed up :cry:

Why don't you forget the scales for a bit and get something nice in a size smaller to aim into instead? You are probably losing inches anyway. Weight fluctuates so much for so many reasons.. I have a pair of jeans a size down from my current one ,hanging up in my bedroom so I see them all the time and every week I see how far I can fit them. Some weeks my weight doesn't seem to be shifting but the jeans definately are fitting better. (and no they are not stretching)

Hun it could be muscle or poss a bit of water retention,could u maybe try and up ur water to 2 litres. With us gals we ever know when we are going to get a bit bloated and gain a few pounds.
Def a good idea to stay away from the scales for a few weeks and maybe just measure urself instead xx

You could also up your protein intake as well especially if you're exercising.

Not going to the loo and fluid retention could also be the culprits here.

don't think of the wiifit as an accurate weighing tool. It's really not very good for that. I could step on it three times and get three different weights.

I've weighed myself after having a couple of drinks (coffee not alcohol!) and have put a pound on, how can two cups of coffee weigh a pound??!

I think I heard somewhere that weight can fluctuate during the day up to 4lbs or so...It's best to weigh once a week maximum at the same time of the day.
Really, taking the measurements is a much less random way of checking progress, it's weird how we don't think that counts as much as weight.
If I get back into a size 12 and feel and look healthy I don't give a damn what the scale says!!

I think I heard somewhere that weight can fluctuate during the day up to 4lbs or so...It's best to weigh once a week maximum at the same time of the day.
Really, taking the measurements is a much less random way of checking progress, it's weird how we don't think that counts as much as weight.
If I get back into a size 12 and feel and look healthy I don't give a damn what the scale says!!

Well said Neen, a brilliant attitude to have x

ditch the scales for a while My weight goes up and down everyday its between 11stone 8 and 11 stone 11. but I must be loosing inches as clothes I bought a couple of weeks ago and getting loose

I think we can drive ourselves nuts jumping on and off the flipping scales!! I try not to do it anymore though when you first get your op done I think it's really hard to resist as we're only human and we all want the lard gone asap.
I weigh fortnightly if I can stand to wait! I have my sons birthday party coming this weekend so I'm not going near those scales till I'm a week clear the other side lol

Urgh I hate the scales on the wiif fit and certainly dont trust them!
When I had my post-op check up with my surgeon a week or so ago he asked about exercise and at that point I said that I wasnt doing as much as I should and he said that once I tarted then I would see a slow down in the pounds lost due to the muscle being heavier than fat and that it was perfectly normal, even expected. I have started exercising more now and I reckon I may well hit a slow down very soon, which is frustrating but expected and in the grand scheme of this life long journey (as in I have the rest of my life to complete it) it is just a small slow down.
Ignore that stupid scale bit of the wii fit though.
Steph xx

ty everyone - I will do as you all suggest - will tell you my progress on the 30th - 3 months post op.
You guys are the greatest mwah!
xx

Back