• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

please help!!

dusty1964

Hi just wanted to say hello as I'm a newbie. I was hoping to go to the group at BRI but it seems to clash everytime with something I can't get out of. I'm due to have my gastric bypass in October and still have a few questions and hoping someone might be able to help:). My main prob is I'm a comfort eater, so my main worry is will I still have that uncontrollable urge to want sugary or fatty food everytime I have stress???? Would be grateful of any comments. thanks

I can't help as I'm not a bypasser, but did want to say welcome :) I think its important that you find out as much as you can, especially when you know and are aware of what type of eater you are. :)

Hi,

I have to be honest and say that the urge doesn't completely go away. So some of being successful with the bypass is learning other ways of dealing with stress. Equally even if you do have a bad day it will never be as bad as it has been before - you physically cannot binge especially in the early days. Ultimately if you feel I unable to control it see if your team will offer some help with it.

I agree. You have to work on your head but its a darn sight easier!

Hi dusty. Everyone is different, but I don't have that urge any more. Maybe it's because I'm too scared to dump... I'm such a wimp when it comes to nausea and pain, that I'd rather not risk it. But as I said, everyone's different and some may still have the urge. However even if the urge is there, you just simply physically can't eat much of it any more, and the dumping will hopefully soon cure any leftover cravings. Hope that helps. Good luck with your op by the way, hope all goes well. I had mine in May and I don't regret one thing.

Hi I am a month post op and used to be a chocoholic. I have been given calpol and liquid ibuprofen which are so sweet they make me feel sick. I didn't know if I would loose my desire for the sweet stuff but if is defo here with me.
Good luck

Back