• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Please put my mind at rest !!!!!

Dimples70

I had my consultation at THG on the 1st September (Saturday) at which point I weighed 15stones - my consultant told me to enjoy the weekend and start to eat more healthily from Monday - I didn't need telling twice and by the time I weighed in on Monday I had out on 3.8 lbs GUTTED I had told them I had bought slimfast for convenience and was told that although it wasn't necessary to cut back so much it would help with the transition. i was booked for the 13th -(from pre-op diet to operation will be 10 days) I'm not good at having breakfast and lunch - slimfast had been on offer and I bought enough to last me 4 weeks - the idea being 2 weeks post op and 2 weeks post op - I know weigh 14st 10lbs - loss of 7.8 lbs in 6 days - MY CONCERN IS I haven't lost anything in the last 2 days and I've read the post op diet it's more than what I'm eating now and so MY QUESTIONS ARE A ) How important is the Carb reduction in shrinking the liver or is it about losing weight - because by consultant just said healthy about 1000 calories nothing about carbs !!!! B) Do you think I should swop my slimfast for milk for the last four days c) - I've noticed the calories post op is more than pre-op so wouldn't that mean I will put on weight ?

IM STARTING TO FEEL TEARFUL - ANY ADVICE YOU GUYS COULD GIVE WOULD BE APPRECIATED

Mrs Quiggle

Just follow the post op diet that they have given you and remember, it's not about losing weight, it's about reducing the size of the liver. I didn't use slim fast as I prefer natural foods without all the chemicals but if that's what your provider has recommended just carry on with what you're doing.

Kate x