• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Please say a band is ok.....

lovelyzobo

I am having a revision, I have had a gastric bypass and am now having a band put over the top as I have gained so much weight, this was the surgeons recommendation......but I am really concerned as I keep seeing people talk about their problems with the band, getting the sweet spot, pbing and all the other things.

Don't get me wrong I have done LOTS of research, and all these reasons were why I didn't have the band in the first place, but I NEED this operation, so I am trusting my surgeon (and I DO trust him)....just so much more worried about this surgery than my bypass (Not the op itself as I am a nurse, so that doesn't bother me at all!).

Any help/advice/support or just a slap around the chops......greatfully received!

Zx

Just because some people have experienced tough times with the band it does not mean that you will .its good to be aware of the issues that others have had as I believe knowledge is power
All you can do is talk to your team and they will guide you. ....as well as talking to fellow banders on here
Good luck

Are you sure its a band your having over your bypass and not a fobi ring, like this? The fobi ring clips over the stomach and there are no fills etc.

Attachments

• ring-banded.jpg
    ring-banded.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 490
Yes, we discussed a fobi and a band. He has decided a band would be better for me. I actually went with the inital thoughts I would have a band, but he suggested the fobi, depending on my barium......

I actually know a lot about the fobi (long story!) so was happy with either one....xx

And I have decided I am happy now! Had a few more days to get my head around it, and I am going to embrace it fully....I HAVE to get this weight off again...also spurred on by looking at my post bypass pictures (and my pre OMG!) I want to fit my clothes again and I will!

ZX

And I have decided I am happy now! Had a few more days to get my head around it, and I am going to embrace it fully....I HAVE to get this weight off again...also spurred on by looking at my post bypass pictures (and my pre OMG!) I want to fit my clothes again and I will! ZX

I would never advocate a band as a stand alone wla . Long term results are not the best

However I know they can be brilliant when used with a bypass.. So good luck and I hope you come back and let us all know how you get on

I didn't know an adjustable band could be used with a bypass. So I've learnt a new thing today. :)

A colleague of mine had the Fobi ring on his bypass and he has done amazingly well!

He had a long way to go started at 40+ stone, so he had the sleeve, then two years later a bypass, then this year a fobi ring.

He is now hovering at around 14st. The fobi ring helped him lose the last 4 stone this year. :D

Good luck with whichever you choose xx

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Back