• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Pleased to meet you all :O)

icey

Hi

I`m Karen and I have been lurking on here for quite a while now, so I have been brave tonight and actually written a post.

Actually sent off for a consultation but it was all done by email and they offered me Cardiff 5th July which is fantastic as i live in Weston - Super -Mare, great as i have 3 kids and im a full time student.
Ive only told hubby about this and considering telling my Mum and wont be telling anyone else as i have a jealous competitive sister that would just cause arguments, as i have lost weight doing various diets in the past and she`s still losing the 3 stone in 2013 that she was losing in 2007 I cant keep the weight off that my problem! Life is becoming hard and im 37..... I have 3 kids and the youngest is 2 and thats where the problems started piled loads of weight on with each pregnancy and its never left. I`m a full time student just finished my 1st year as a student nurse, i would ideally love to be able to have the gastric band in August, i would have finished my placement and i will be looking forward to my holiday in Tunisia, so i will be off for 8 wks and thats plenty of time to recover and get a tan
i wont write anymore a wee messge turned into a this ^^
Ice x

Hi icey, welcome to the forum :) I look forward to hearing about your journey x

:welcome:

Hi

I`m Karen and I have been lurking on here for quite a while now, so I have been brave tonight and actually written a post.

Actually sent off for a consultation but it was all done by email and they offered me Cardiff 5th July which is fantastic as i live in Weston - Super -Mare, great as i have 3 kids and im a full time student.
Ive only told hubby about this and considering telling my Mum and wont be telling anyone else as i have a jealous competitive sister that would just cause arguments, as i have lost weight doing various diets in the past and she`s still losing the 3 stone in 2013 that she was losing in 2007 I cant keep the weight off that my problem! Life is becoming hard and im 37..... I have 3 kids and the youngest is 2 and thats where the problems started piled loads of weight on with each pregnancy and its never left. I`m a full time student just finished my 1st year as a student nurse, i would ideally love to be able to have the gastric band in August, i would have finished my placement and i will be looking forward to my holiday in Tunisia, so i will be off for 8 wks and thats plenty of time to recover and get a tan
i wont write anymore a wee messge turned into a this ^^
Ice x

Hi and welcome....I was like you and read these posts for weeks before I wrote for the first time...... I have my consultation next week, I can't wait to get started I am hoping its a quick turn around to get a date. I had to finance my own because it would take too long. I have never been this big in my life and no I will go up and up. I have been dieting for years with no luck, my health is suffering now and I know this will be the answer for me to kick start my life again. Good luck for your op and keep updating, it's a great site and the advice is great and HONEST x

Thanks for the lovely welcome!

Mia its horrendous mate... I actually used to have photographs of myself not now though :/ I go through the camera and delete them all the wee man is going to grow up with no pics of me & him. Good Luck with your consultation let me know how it goes, questions they ask etc.... I have never been this big either i piled on loads with last pregnancy though and God everything hurts now my feet, back and im not even 40 yet lol
Ive had to finace this myself well hubby has as im a poor student, i was once a lively, happy go lucky, pretty woman that has got stuck in a rut.,... well shes about to make an appearance again sometime soon :p lol
ice x

Hi and welcome!

I can completely get where you are coming from with regards to the photos with your children. I have no photos of me with my youngest who is 3 and that makes me really really sad. my first aim is actually to have my photo taken with ehr for her bedroom this september on her 4th birthday - I know it will make her really happy:eek:

I am having the band fitted on the 9th June and i am currently on the pre-op milk diet. This forum is fantastic and a great help. ask away any questions no matter how silly they seem, there is so much knowledge on here

NT x

Welcome x

I'm pestering people to make wedding plans for next spring onwards so I can be in their photos :-D.

Back