• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Plodding along

triedeverything

I feel like the slowest sleever there has ever been!

I am 11 months post op and have lost 70lbs with another 40 to go. So that's 5 stone down but about 2.5 stone still left to lose.

It's very frustrating I can stay the same for 3 or 4 weeks at a time then I lose a little then repeat. This has been my loss pattern for months now and I doubt it will change.

Years and years of yo yo dieting have played havoc with my metabolism plus I have PCOS and hyperthyroidism.

BUT losing the weight I have already hashed a huge difference to my life and I'm so glad I had his surgery. I went from a size 20 to a size 14 and have been gradually changing shape. I still have wobbly thighs and would love to lose my hips and thigh flab that's my next challenge but overall this is not a moaning post more a "work in progress" as I have not yet finished and plan to carry on plodding as eventually I hope to get there and the benefits of feeling lighter are immeasurable.

well done on such a fantastic achievement hunni :) you must be so proud of yourself ........... slow and steady wins the race :) gl with the next 40 too :) x x

70lb in 11mths is ruddy fantastic. That's a huge amount of weight to lose. It's 5 whole stone you must be over the moon. If you were lined up 2 years post op with other sleevers it won't make a difference who'd lost the quickest will it. You're battling against conditions that make weight loss extra tough so give yourself the highest credit for getting there. :D

Thank you both so much for the positive support, that's really nice of you to say. I do feel like I'm going about this in a very slow way but I'm not too upset about it any more, although for the first few months, I was wondering what I was doing wrong as everyone else seemed to be doing so well in comparison. But I've learned it's mad to compare people as we all lose at different rates and you are quite right Smallerme.. at the end of the journey nobody will care how long it took, just that we got there in the end!

Thank you again for the kind comments, I'm still battling on and if it takes me another year to lose the last couple of stone then so be it.. I'm so excited to be where I am now and I can't wait to be even healthier.. you have done amazingly well too!

Back