• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Slow loser

triedeverything

Hi I've not been on the boards much because I'm not very successful. Having said that there's no way I could have lost what I have in this timescale without this surgery but I'm way behind most other sleevers and it does get me down.

I have only lost 54lbs and I'm exactly 6 months post op today. I have been reading that a lot of sleevers are either at goal or are 70 or 80lbs off by now and it's incredibly frustrating as I've been following the rules and eating at around 800 cals per day and mostly avoiding carbs which is not easy as a vegetarian. I have PCOS and hyperthyroidism but again that's a common issue for a lot of us so I feel a bit downhearted to be honest. I'm back at the gym working out but it's not made much difference to be honest and I'm still going through the long stalls with short periods of loss pattern.

It's all part of it and I have no regrets but I do wish I could post up the big numbers as I really feel I'm following the rules. I shall carry on and hope my magic window of opportunity stays open as long as possible.

54 lbs in 6 months is amazing, especially with PCOS! Don't be so hard on yourself. I have a balloon and 7 weeks in I've lost what others have lost in 3 weeks. My PCOS doesn't help me lose, but I don't let it get me down. A loss is a loss and your body works in its own way. Be proud of your progress and keep moving forward.

Please please please don't judge yourself by other people's statistics.

Just like the newspapers only publish very good or very bad stories, people tend to 'be excited' and post about great losses or ask for help for bad losses. People running at 'average' may feel they have nothing to post for.

Therefore others losing at that rate feel they are 'alone' and get despondent.

You have lost an average of 9lb per month. That's fantastic.

I had a bypass and have hit the more stalls than losses stage so can empathise with how you are feeling.

Please don't feel you aren't a success. You are doing FABULOUSLY xx

Chin up Hun, not everyone looses weight fast I too think I will be a plodder But this time next year we will all be so much healthier xxxx

Do you realise that an average of 9lbs a month is actually only two lbs lower than my highest monthly loss? I was a slower looser by your accounts. It adds up honey!

Remember if you exercise you might need more calories, otherwise your body might hold on to everything it gets.

That's an amazing loss Hun!! Everyone looses at different rates, but in the end we all get to the same place :) hope your ok xx

Thanks for the encouragement. I'm pretty focused and I want to reach goal but have come to realise I won't get there quickly but am looking forward to where I'll be in another six months lets hope I get there!

Well done, I know it's difficult not to compare your weight loss to others but it's an individual journey, and you're doing fab! Remember what they say it's a marathon not a sprint! X

Please don't get discouraged, it is so hard at this stage! I am 6 months out and struggling to lose, I've only lost 3lb in 2 months! I still think your loss is fab and it will come off, it has to if you are on 800cal. Have you considered maybe upping your cals to 1000-1200? I am having about that at the moment, as my dietitian recommended. x

If I can lose 9lbs a month with my sleeve, I will be absolutely thrilled!! You are doing brilliantly, well done xxx

I think you are doing amazing triedeverything :)

Please don't compare yourself to others. Each of us is different and our bodies react in different ways.
Anyway, 9 lbs. a month is a fab loss. You may not appreciate it but please try to remember how difficult/impossible it would have been without a sleeve.
xx

You have done tremendously well, not all the weight comes off quickly. I too have pcos, so totally understand that we are working hard to get rid if the fat yet it's going in the opposite direction and trying to keep it on! You should be so proud if yourself for trying as hard as you are, as it's far from easy! On the plus side as your weight is coming off a little slower than you'd like, you may have less trouble with excess skin. Every cloud has a silver pinning :)

Opps lining!

Back