• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Pls help need some advice pls b4 i chat to my doc tomorrow x

Roch

Shrinking away nicely :)
Hi as some of u might know i have my first info meeting on Thursday at the Whittington.
My pct wanted me to jump through hoops b4 this stage and requested i see the endo first but Lorna the bariatric co ordinator showed my file to the endo and Mr Sufi and they both decided it was a waste of time and surgery is the right way forward and to skip this step and hence am going to the info meeting on thursday.

On Monday i collapsed in Tesco`s with racing palpitations is my throat and after 3 ecg`s and a chest xray and being poked and prodded they told me i have an irregular heart beat and to not worry bout it unless it starts racing again.
Have had 3 more episodes of palpitations but not bad ones pretty minor compared to the first one.

Anyway to cut a long story short i have to see my doc tomorrow as my sciatica has got so bad the meds i am are not working any more and i am in agony and can barely stand up and was worried when he ask`s me what happened when i collapsed as he is a fab doc and a very involved and caring doc.

Will this stop me having my bypass, my heart is 100% ok in fact the doc at casualty said apart from my weight i am healthier than most 40 yr old`s as my cholesterol is under 5 my bp is the same as a slim healthy person and my sugar levels are normal and i dont smoke or drink lol very boring gal i am:D:D:D
Would this just be treated as a co morbidities and help my case or hinder it, am really worried to talk bout it tomorrow to my gp but i have to go and i know he will speak to me bout it.

Has anyone had an irregular heart beat and had a bypass or any heart prob and had bypass.
Thanks and take care luv Roch xxx

Hi Roch

Sorry to hear about the problems with your heart. Cant really help but Im sure Brett had something similar and he went on to have a bypass.

Good luck x

Don't have personal experience with your issue but I too remember that Brett had a similar problem and someone else Judy I think had a high heart rate but was allowed to have the bypass. Best of luck and just be honest with your doc, the more informed they are the better it is for your safety.

Nic;)

Well i posted this on wlsinfo and a lady said to me that it could be the meds i am on now. I thought bout this and talked to me best friend and she remembered bout 5 weeks ago had a couple bouts not bad ones but def palpitations in my throat when i was walking.
I started a new med amitryptoline bout 12 weeks ago for headaches and depression and i just looked online and saw heart racing and palpitations could be a rare side effect.
My dog is shedding so much hair at the mo as she is in season and is red and white and Aaron is out and i could not bear to see the dog hair on the floor so i got down and tried to use the dust pan and sweep it up but was hard for me as my sciatica is so bad at the mo, and when i bent down and got back up had the palpitations again.
Will def speak to my doc bout it tomorrow and see if he can change the meds to something else that does not have a side effect of palpitations fingers crossed that will stop them and it will be medication related.
If anyone here does have any experience of this condition i would luv to find out if they were allowed bypass.
Thanks and take care xxxx

Don't have personal experience with your issue but I too remember that Brett had a similar problem and someone else Judy I think had a high heart rate but was allowed to have the bypass. Best of luck and just be honest with your doc, the more informed they are the better it is for your safety.

Nic;)

Hi Nic ty hun hope Bret and Judy will see my post :) xx

Hi Roch

I take amytriptoline too, for pain management. I wasnt aware it has that side effect so thanks for posting the info. The only thing it does to me is make me sleep, sleep and sleep some more. The first night I took it I went to bed at 10.00pm and got up at 4.00pm the next day! good job it was the weekend.

Hope it goes well with the doctor x

Hi Roch

I take amytriptoline too, for pain management. I wasnt aware it has that side effect so thanks for posting the info. The only thing it does to me is make me sleep, sleep and sleep some more. The first night I took it I went to bed at 10.00pm and got up at 4.00pm the next day! good job it was the weekend.

Hope it goes well with the doctor x

This is one of many pages i found on the net and believe u me there are many lol.
I have very disturbed sleep with it especially the last 3 weeks and does not help me with any pains lol.
I was given it for a combo pill for preventing headaches and depression, here is some info i found.
Do u still have ur box with the leaflet in it, i dont have mine as i take quite a bot of meds so i take them out of the box and putt hem in a Tupperware with all the rest of the meds lol.
If u dont mind me asking what pain it it meant to help, take care luv Roch xx

Amitriptyline

Within each category the following adverse reactions are listed in order of decreasing severity. Included in the listing are a few adverse reactions which have not been reported with this specific drug. However, pharmacological similarities among the tricyclic antidepressant drugs require that each of the reactions be considered when Amitriptyline is administered.
Cardiovascular: Myocardial infarction; stroke; nonspecific ECG changes and changes in AV conduction; heart block; arrhythmias; hypotension, particularly orthostatic hypotension; syncope; hypertension; tachycardia; palpitation.
CNS and Neuromuscular: Coma; seizures; hallucinations; delusions; confusional states; disorientation; incoordination; ataxia; tremors; peripheral neuropathy; numbness, tingling and paresthesias of the extremities; extrapyramidal symptoms including abnormal involuntary movements and tardive dyskinesia; dysarthria; disturbed concentration; excitement; anxiety; insomnia; restlessness; nightmares; drowsiness; dizziness; weakness; fatigue; headache; syndrome of inappropriate ADH (antidiuretic hormone) secretion; tinnitus; alteration in EEG patterns.
Anticholinergic: Paralytic ileus, hyperpyrexia; urinary retention, dilatation of the urinary tract; constipation; blurred vision, disturbance of accommodation, increased ocular pressure, mydriasis; dry mouth.
Allergic: Skin rash; urticaria; photosensitization; edema of face and tongue.
Hematologic: Bone marrow depression including agranulocytosis, leukopenia, thrombocytopenia; purpura; eosinophilia.
Gastrointestinal: Rarely hepatitis (including altered liver function and jaundice); nausea; epigastric distress; vomiting; anorexia; stomatitis; peculiar taste; diarrhea; parotid swelling; black tongue.
Endocrine: Testicular swelling and gynecomastia in the male; breast enlargement and galactorrhea in the female; increased or decreased libido; impotence; elevation and lowering of blood sugar levels.
Other: Alopecia; edema; weight gain or loss; urinary frequency; increased perspiration.
Withdrawal Symptoms

After prolonged administration, abrupt cessation of treatment may produce nausea, headache, and malaise. Gradual dosage reduction has been reported to produce, within two weeks, transient symptoms including irritability, restlessness, and dream and sleep disturbance.
These symptoms are not indicative of addiction. Rare instances have been reported of mania or hypomania occurring within 2 to 7 days following cessation of chronic therapy with tricyclic antidepressants.

Hi, no dont mind you aksing at all. I was prescribed it to help with the abdominal pain that I get. Im waiting to get a hysterectomy beacuase I have painful (very painful) adhesions and endometriosis. My doctor said that in low doses it can block the pain receptors rather than its usual use which is what you have it for.

I dont take it all the time, I also have mefanamic acid which seems to do the trick most of the time.

Threw the info leaflet out, so thanks! x

cant help but good luck at the docs, hope you get it sorted :)

Has anyone had an irregular heart beat and had a bypass or any heart prob and had bypass.
Hi TNR
I have had a similar situation. I was scheduled for bypass last November but was also having tests for chest palpitations and pains. I had an angioplasty with stent. This required me to take clopidogrel tablets for 12 months which has delayed my bypass.

I am not saying that you need to worry - in fact you say that your palpitations are in your throat so it sounds different. However, your GP may want you to have some heart related tests.

I hope all goes well for you and it doesn't jeopardize your wls.

Hi, no dont mind you aksing at all. I was prescribed it to help with the abdominal pain that I get. Im waiting to get a hysterectomy beacuase I have painful (very painful) adhesions and endometriosis. My doctor said that in low doses it can block the pain receptors rather than its usual use which is what you have it for.

I dont take it all the time, I also have mefanamic acid which seems to do the trick most of the time.

Threw the info leaflet out, so thanks! x

My pleasure hun xx

Hi Roch, it does sound like a side effect so hopefully it should'nt interfere with your op. Can I just say who's that young man on your avatar picture? Whoever he is, he's a handsome chap!!

LOl ty for the compliment that is my son Aaron he was 15 in that pic he just turned 17 last Sunday.
Fingers crossed will change the meds tomorrow and that will be the end of the symptoms.
Thanks hun xx

Hi as some of u might know i have my first info meeting on Thursday at the Whittington.
My pct wanted me to jump through hoops b4 this stage and requested i see the endo first but Lorna the bariatric co ordinator showed my file to the endo and Mr Sufi and they both decided it was a waste of time and surgery is the right way forward and to skip this step and hence am going to the info meeting on thursday.

On Monday i collapsed in Tesco`s with racing palpitations is my throat and after 3 ecg`s and a chest xray and being poked and prodded they told me i have an irregular heart beat and to not worry bout it unless it starts racing again.
Have had 3 more episodes of palpitations but not bad ones pretty minor compared to the first one.

Anyway to cut a long story short i have to see my doc tomorrow as my sciatica has got so bad the meds i am are not working any more and i am in agony and can barely stand up and was worried when he ask`s me what happened when i collapsed as he is a fab doc and a very involved and caring doc.

Will this stop me having my bypass, my heart is 100% ok in fact the doc at casualty said apart from my weight i am healthier than most 40 yr old`s as my cholesterol is under 5 my bp is the same as a slim healthy person and my sugar levels are normal and i dont smoke or drink lol very boring gal i am:D:D:D
Would this just be treated as a co morbidities and help my case or hinder it, am really worried to talk bout it tomorrow to my gp but i have to go and i know he will speak to me bout it.

Thanks and take care luv Roch xxx

Hi Roch

It does sound like it could be the meds that you have been on.

Just to be on the safe side do mention it to your GP...he seems to be a good one...Best be safe.

Yes, I think I remember Brett having some problems...I really don't think this could stop you getting the bypass as having WLS obviously would enhance your life...But if need be, they should be prepared.

I still think it's just your drugs...

I do feel for you with all this pain and hope they can sort it out soon for you.

Speak soon

(((hugs)))

How did you get on Roch? I had Amytriptoline for a while. The doctors decided that sometimes it can trick the bladder into behaving itself which is why they gave it me. Didn't work so stopped taking it.

I'm beginning to wonder if the docs see it as a cure all...lol

Anyway hope everything went ok today.

xx

Hi guys just got back from the doc and he said it could be the meds but not 2 sure he has reduced the dosage from 20 mg to 10 mg and see how it goes.
He said if it carries on then will have to have a 24hr ecg done, so fingers crossed it wont happen again, ty for ur support soz cant respond individually as my sciatica is so bad have to lie down thanks and take care xxx

Back