• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Advice needed plssss b4 i see the ocupational therapist tomorrow x

Roch

Shrinking away nicely :)
Hi all some of u will know that my mobility has got worse the past weeks and now i have an OC coming round tomorrow to asses my needs.
I really need some re assurance plsssssssss that no matter how bad my mobility is and its not 2 bad at the mo just bad up and down stairs and walking for more than a few mins due to my knees collapsing due to the oste arthritis or the pain from the sciatica, could they say that i am not fit for surgery or i need physio or something as the wait is going to be long enough i dont want to wait even longer.
I am seeing the OC tomorrow and tbh if i thought her report would hinder my chances of surgery i would cancel the OC and just muddle through as i really dont want to take any chances.

Did any of you have very bad mobility and u could not manage the stairs easily and did that go against you in any way at all.
Soz to go on but it has worried me as i did ask the bariatric co ordinator and as its a clinical question she was not able to help me.
Thanks all luv Roch xxx

Dont worry Roch,it will go in your favour,the more evidence the doc has that your weight is causing a decline in your health and well being,the more likely you will get your op!Tell the oc about your worse day not a good one.Same when you fill out the form for dla dont give good days.Stress the bad ones.That will give a truer picture of what you have to deal with.

You must tell the occupational therapist how bad you really get. Alright you might not be too bad at the moment but the other week your knee went 4 or 5 times didn't it. They need to be aware of the worst case for you. You deserve to get the help and the sooner the better and hopefully it won't be too long until your surgery.

I quite agree with B&B above there. Poor mobility due to weight should certainly count in your favour. Chronic back pain due to weight did it for me. I would say be open with the OT and give her as much detail as possible about the problems you have. Best wishes for your wls quest.

i agree with the above, be very truthful of your issues they are there to ease your mobility issues, they will ask you all sorts of questions to do activities of daily living including cooking, cleaning, personal hygeine etc.. it is important that a get a good idea of your needs now and they will be able to put in place a package for you which may include walking aids, grab rails, extra stair bannisters etc.. able to refer you on to physio for the crutches or stick, wheelchair service also whether you are entitled to carers allowance make sure you tell them if you need assistance of another person for cooking, cleaning and personal hygeine. xxxx

i have occupational therapist and physio round tomorrow ( for the wee girl not me ) and i always tell them exactly how it is
they are coming about stairs here too, either additional rails for the wee one to use pulling herslef ipstairs or the possibility of ramps to the front of the house and a stair lift.
for us they will be looking at ajustable beds, they can supply adult ones to assist in betting in and out of bed if thats something that might help you
when she was young and still on all her machines they also got social services to supply a cleaner twice a week as i struggled to fit all the cleaning in, also had a cross roads carer who would do a bit of cooking and ironing if needs be but i used her to help me get the shopping done, one of us pushing the trolley, the other pushing the wheelchair

just dont let them fob you off with you seem to cope so we shall just keep an eye, tell them everything you struggle with and what can they do to help you

Yes tell them how bad it is in the worst case senario. If you only tell them about your general needs then you're going to be stuck on your "bad" days. This should not affect your op in the slightest. If anything it should help you on your. I really doubt though that the ot will be even letting your surgeon know. They are there for your physical needs not your medical. Good luck and get the help you needxx

Back