• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Plz help me!

carol1958

Hello my name is Carol and i had my bypass done on the 25th Aug, ( I was actually in with Mazbrad) i have lost a total of 2st 5ib upto now, but i have diarrhoea all the time and just dont want to eat at all because of "stomach cramp like pains" after i have eaten plz does anyone know whats wrong? i also feel soooooooooooooooo cold and very tired? dr is starting me on ferrous fumerate today and arranged for me to have my B12 injection, i am taking all the vitamins recommended, did anyone else feel like this? and does it get any better? thank you x

Hi Carol, Sorry you are having problems :( I am a pre op'er so have no advise but just wanted you to know there will be someone to help along soon. Maz will probably be on later, too. Take care, sweetie xxx :):)

Hi there, I am so sorry you are having a bad time at the moment. As I only had my bypass four days ago I cannot advise. However I can sympathise. I too am having to run to the bathroom a lot and it smells SO bad (sorry). I am also still clearing out stale blood from the op and am so exhausted all the time. I think this can go on for quite some time (the tiredness) but someone will be along soon to reassure you. ((( hugs)))

perhaps u got a touch of ibs and something u r eating is upsetting it, my sis suffers quite bad with it n she cant eat certain foods.

jus a thought, hope u better soon xxx

youve had diarrhoea since 25th August? get in touch with your team or doctor, thats not good Carol, wish you better xxx

are you making the correct food choices as it sounds like your dumping with the stomach cramps/diarrhoea, maybe speak to the dietician after keeping a food diary and they may be able to advise if your going wrong any where.

Good Luck x

Liz x

It could be lactose intolerance, which some people develop post op, normally temporary. Also, probiotics can help.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

thank you all for your support, i havent had diarrhoea since my op, maybe a week or so ago it started, it cant be "dumping" because i am hardly eating anything xxxxx

Its possible that you have just picked up a tummy bug. its all the classic symptoms and we are not immune to them just because our plumbing is different. but like shell says it could also be a lactose intolerance. (milk sugars). do what you would of done in the past for an upset tummy a couple of days of fluids only but no milk even in coffee or tea and see if it settles down. if not get in touch with your dr who will probably want a stool sample from you to have checked out for any nasties. hope your feeling better soon. carole

Hello my name is Carol and i had my bypass done on the 25th Aug, ( I was actually in with Mazbrad) i have lost a total of 2st 5ib upto now, but i have diarrhoea all the time and just dont want to eat at all because of "stomach cramp like pains" after i have eaten plz does anyone know whats wrong? i also feel soooooooooooooooo cold and very tired? dr is starting me on ferrous fumerate today and arranged for me to have my B12 injection, i am taking all the vitamins recommended, did anyone else feel like this? and does it get any better? thank you x
Get in touch with ward for advice because you may have electrolyte (wrong level salts like sodium/potassium in blood) imbalance. This with diarrhoea can lead to dehydration and may need a drip to put it right.

Back