• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Port area swollen

Lisav

Woke up this morning laid on my tummy, and when I moved I had pain in my port area - running my hand over that area it seems quite swollen. The only things I can think that could have aggravated it was dancing last night at a family party or the fact I woke up lying on it. Should I be worried? Tuesday will be week 5 for me. Thanks

Lisa I have found that my port area is often swollen in the morning, but does go down once I am up. I think mine goes up because of the way I am lying. I dont have any pain but just stands out quite alot!!

Hiya, Your still very early out from surgery and swelling still inside, you probably over stretched your self whilst dancing about etc and should rest for a few days, if your in doubt or in pain/swelling gets any worse I would say to contact your provider as a matter of caution. Wishing you all the best - Julie x

Be careful! At five weeks is barely made it out the house n still walked clutching my tummy - and laying in my front?! - no way!
You are doing brilliantly but don't let your body fool you you are better than you are!! Xx

I'm only 11 days post op and my port area was fine until I slept on my stomach the other night, now it's a little sore, I'd imagine urs is the same xx

I have days even now where it's harder than others! It could just be you recognising how it's going to feel moving forward now that the swelling has gone down?! I always know where to find it :) x

Back