• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Banders.. can you feel your band port?

MissCupcake

Hi all,

Happy new year!

I had my band just over a week ago, when I booked my operation my consultant told me that I'd be able to feel the port if I pushed the skin but not if I rubbed over the area lightly.

Now it could be because things are swollen.. But I almost have a dent in my chest and you can clearly see the port area?

Did anyone else have this? Does it go down?

Its not a massive issue, its not sticking out but if you run you fingers over there is a clear dip where the port is.

Is this normal?

Thanks x

Is the dent definitely where your port is? I know personally, I thought I knew where my port was - until I went for my x-ray band fill - and found out I was totally wrong. What I was feeling was scar tissue and was about 4 inches away from where the port actually is.

I have read on this forum that banders ports are all in different places and some people cannot feel them and for other people they do appear quite prominent. Likewise, they may not be able to feel/see the port to begin with - but as more and more weight is lost, the port becomes more prominent. With mine though, I can definitely only feel it when I have a very good prod and poke around for it. Sure there will be lots of other banders passing by who will share their experiences shortly xxx

My port is about 1 inch below the big scar...lay on your back and lift feet few inches off floor to help find it. I can also feel my band slap bang in the middle of my chest as its hard.

Back