• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Port position

fab40

Hello.

Lying in bed last night stroking my poorly tummy and checking out my little scars and I think I can really feel the port.

Can everyone else feel it? Just worried is this normal?

Jane

Mine when I lay down is just under the largest scar almost in the middle of my abdomen, when I stand though it moves about two inches north. I could always feel it slightly. But it's only at this weight that it's become visible ... another half a stone and I reckon the extra padding would obscure it again. It's like a little alien / top third of a golf ball size showing. I have become quite attached to it LOL

I can feel mine too. If I put my left hand with my thumb on my last rib my port is where my little finger is ! Lol if that makes sense :)

I'm sure it's normal Jane but if your worried just give your provider a call for peace of mind :)

Happy slimming x

Mine when I lay down is just under the largest scar almost in the middle of my abdomen, when I stand though it moves about two inches north. I could always feel it slightly. But it's only at this weight that it's become visible ... another half a stone and I reckon the extra padding would obscure it again. It's like a little alien / top third of a golf ball size showing. I have become quite attached to it LOL

Lol that is exactly what has happened to me :) Well I am sure you remember I could not get my first fill last month as it could not be located properly (thought it was tilted etc got an xray fill) Well yesterday I went for my second fill back the clinic I went to that could not fill it last month. All the way there I though its not going to happen, and had fully prepared myself for coming home again with no further fill.
Well, when it comes to my turn the nurse (who is just lovely by the way) chit chats then says we are going to try you standing up this time. So she has a feel and has a go, nope not there, then she goes further up and the look on her face as if to say ''BINGO'' she inserts the needle pulls out 6ml even though I only got 5ml put in, must have had a sneeky 1ml in there after all ;) and give me another 1.5ml taking me to 7.5ml in my 14ml band.
She said I dont know why we did not try you standing up last time. When I lie down I can feel and sometimes SEE my port right under my scar so when I looked down I was so shocked to see the injection mark was ''two inches north'':D
I was thinking to myself how can that be, I have lay down and seen the port protuding under the scar. So when I got home I lay down and felt my port under my scar, kept my fingers on it and stood up and felt the port move up also.
So Michelle I though it was hilarious when I read your post, how weird was that? It must be the case for a lot of us banders. I was just SOOOOO relieved I got a fill so easily yesterday I cannot tell you all, the relief was amazing, and my husbands face when I came out and smiled he could not believe it either after all the trouble I had last month.
So yes it is very normal to feel and sometimes see your port and dont be too shocked if you find it travels too ;)

I know it's hilarious ... This is a very strange enlightening journey. I just love it :D pleased your fill went well this time bella

I have absolutely no idea where mine is. Cannot see it or feel it (although they did tell me I might), will be interesting when I have my 1st fill on the 27th :)

I can feel mine too! It's like a pound coin near the largest scar. I was told I would probably be able to feel it so glad I can!
Lets hope my fill on 26/9/12 goes well.
xx

Lol that is exactly what has happened to me :) Well I am sure you remember I could not get my first fill last month as it could not be located properly (thought it was tilted etc got an xray fill) Well yesterday I went for my second fill back the clinic I went to that could not fill it last month. All the way there I though its not going to happen, and had fully prepared myself for coming home again with no further fill.
Well, when it comes to my turn the nurse (who is just lovely by the way) chit chats then says we are going to try you standing up this time. So she has a feel and has a go, nope not there, then she goes further up and the look on her face as if to say ''BINGO'' she inserts the needle pulls out 6ml even though I only got 5ml put in, must have had a sneeky 1ml in there after all ;) and give me another 1.5ml taking me to 7.5ml in my 14ml band.
She said I dont know why we did not try you standing up last time. When I lie down I can feel and sometimes SEE my port right under my scar so when I looked down I was so shocked to see the injection mark was ''two inches north'':D
I was thinking to myself how can that be, I have lay down and seen the port protuding under the scar. So when I got home I lay down and felt my port under my scar, kept my fingers on it and stood up and felt the port move up also.
So Michelle I though it was hilarious when I read your post, how weird was that? It must be the case for a lot of us banders. I was just SOOOOO relieved I got a fill so easily yesterday I cannot tell you all, the relief was amazing, and my husbands face when I came out and smiled he could not believe it either after all the trouble I had last month.
So yes it is very normal to feel and sometimes see your port and dont be too shocked if you find it travels too ;)

So pleased that it went well for you Bella x

I never found mine until 1st fill last week...I had just assumed that it would be directly under large scar when in fact it was appox 2inches below large scar!!!

Glad Im not the only one who can't find it LOL, if it wasn't for the two larger scars I wouldn't even know I've had surgery, I have no fill in my band as yet, so have no restriction. This is the hardest my own willpower has had to be for a long time :)

Back