• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

POSE Surgery

I was feeling very empty rather than hungry, so i had a tin of weight watchers soup and a yoghurt and a glass of juice and feel fab and full .I don't want to get that really starving feeling as i tend to go off the rails and eat everything in sight .We probably only feel so hungry cos we havn't eaten anything substansial for several days .I'm reallly glad somebody else is feeling the same way . Im dying to weigh myself but dont want to become obssessed with numbers as i always do that and then get discouraged with the scales .I'm not that sensible but i'm such a yoyo dieter i dont want to get back on that road again .I have decided on a pair of old jeans that i want to get back in to rather than a goal weight . Back to work tommorrow xxxxx Hi Shax how are you feeling xxx
I don't think I know the difference between real hunger and empty and simply wanting. Do you know what I mean? Totally agree about not wanting to feel starving and going off the rails yet again as that has always been my previous behaviour - to eat everything that's available. Sounds like you're starting to practice the correct way of eating i.e. have enough to fill you up and leave it until the next mealtime. Hang in there with getting back into the jeans.
Shax: how are you doing?

xxxx

Day4

Hi
This is my first post .I had pose yesterday 11th may and feel great i just wondered what the weight loss was like for everybody else im 16 st 5ft 7in .I only had a slight sore throat and a small amount of shoulder pain .

Hi all,
pose went well, first few days severe trapped wind but used a hot water bottle, tummy massage and forcing burps to help relieve the wind.

injections for blood clotting are really scary im such a chicken with needles, but my lovely husband helps me through it :)

Im 16.2 this morning which was lovely to see, want to arrange official weigh ins soon. my birthday 12th july id love to have a stone and a half off by then!!

ive introduced milk yoghurt and fruit today after 4 days of clear liquid. im feeling alot better, and going into uni tommorow all day. going to have banana smoothie for breakfast, water and vimto sugar free in between and tomato soup for lunch.

ive also bought a body compression suit from recovauk, it arrived and its amazing, pulls me all in and will aid with skin tightening and contouring during weight loss. i really dont want any saggy skin by the time ive reached my goal weight :):)

Hi So sorry to be blonde but what is the POSE procedure?
Hi Butterfly1979, POSE is an acronym for Primary Obesity Surgery Endolumenal. It's a non-surgical procedure, using special tools that clasp 'anchors'/sutures to the stomach tissue thus reducing the size and capacity of the stomach. It is performed through the mouth, down the oesphagus and that's the 'endoscopic' part. Some of the other POSERs on this site will be able to give you more info but that's it in a nutshell. Even if you're a blonde, you're not being 'blonde'.

x

Hi all,
pose went well, first few days severe trapped wind but used a hot water bottle, tummy massage and forcing burps to help relieve the wind.

injections for blood clotting are really scary im such a chicken with needles, but my lovely husband helps me through it :)

Im 16.2 this morning which was lovely to see, want to arrange official weigh ins soon. my birthday 12th july id love to have a stone and a half off by then!!

ive introduced milk yoghurt and fruit today after 4 days of clear liquid. im feeling alot better, and going into uni tommorow all day. going to have banana smoothie for breakfast, water and vimto sugar free in between and tomato soup for lunch.

ive also bought a body compression suit from recovauk, it arrived and its amazing, pulls me all in and will aid with skin tightening and contouring during weight loss. i really dont want any saggy skin by the time ive reached my goal weight :):)
Hi Shax,

Sounds like you're doing great. Now that you're over the worst you've got a handle on it. And that body compression suit - interesting. Let us know in the long-term how it's working for you.
Kind of seems that the info you guys are getting in Manchester is slightly different to what I got in Bushey. Nobody's mentioned anti-clotting injections or clear liquids to me. It kind of gets me worrying that I've been given good info.
Hey ho - will just carry on then.
Anyway, well done you.

x

WEIGH IN

Hi Lynda and all.

Ive been reading about other pose weight loses and i can't believe how impaitiant i am.I want to lose a stone in a week not a month haha.This is usually my downfall lose fast gain fast .I think each clinic has it's own rules and regulations to discharging people I think the surgical stockings and injections are just a safegaurd to cover the hospital . They may have given you blood thinning pills instead.SO MUCH FOR DIETING THE SENSIBLE SLOW WAY HAHAHAH

Hi Liz (Scottt) and all,

No, I looked up the pills that I've been given and they're more about anti nausea/heartburn. Oh, well, whatever. I've had a tin of tomato soup, two drinks of choc milk totalling about 500mls and some water. Must say I do feel kind of full - will have more later on. You know, I've seen other WLSs write about 'head hunger' and I think that's one to be aware of. Let's see what the weigh in on Wednesday (?) looks like.

xx

hUNGER

I've had 2 tins of soup one at morning and one tea time and a yoghurt with each and feel quite full which is a miracle for me as i am really greedy.Did they mention the stomach upsets (visit to the toilet type )to anyone as this has happened as soon as i started eating even tiny amounts. I asked today and she said it was quite normal but i wish i had been told before .Roll on the weigh in i can hardly wait now!!!

Last edited:
General enquiry: What do you think the benefits are of going with the National Obesity Centre? Rather than doing it on your own...?

Thinking about pose in United States

Hello-I'm looking into the Pose surgery, I'm in Pennsylvania. I have only found two places one in Florida and one in Louisiana that do this surgery. I saw there was one person on here that was from Florida-I'd love to hear how they are getting on and if they would recommend them. Also love to hear of other available choices to look into-maybe closer to home. Thank You for any input I'm new to this site. My sister has Gastric Bypass and has had a tough time of it. I'd like to try to do something a little different.

Hi Shax and Lynda

I dont know what the difference would be as i only asked a couple of questions before the op about the N O Centre .I think its just phone support they just ring you for a while but it came with the op . Shax hi .Yes they offered me 3 years instead of one ,you must have been cancelled on the sunday the same as me.The bits in smoothies cant be any worse than the bits in the yoghurts ive eaten .Did you think the care at the Alex was really good ?

Hi Hopefour,

I am in Fort Myers, Florida and had the Pose on February 25 and have lost 18 pounds. My surgeon is wonderful, takes all the time for me that I need and never rushes me out.

I had some issues initially but it turned out they were from another surgery I had the same month. But I'm long recovered from those problems and doing very well.

I have to watch what I eat and mostly stay on the diet advised by my doctor. But get full quickly and am frequently surprised by how I can't finish even some favorite dishes. Although I haven't tested out chocolate ice cream and probably won't!

It's important to check out the different types of weight loss surgery in order to pick the best one for your needs. Since Pose is incision-less, it is a faster recovery than other surgeries. The only discomfort is from a sore throat for 2 or 3 days and some of the air that is left inside has to work its way out.

I am originally from Ohio, so am a Yankee too!

No worries - I'll just see what support I do get from the surgeon.
Liz & Shax, I've been looking into things in greater detail. I know, I know I should've done it before I went through this but my curiousity is aroused. There's talk about a hormone in our gut called plasma Ghrelin. Apparently, it's something to do with production of appetite. I've been digging around the internet to see if this procedure actually impacts on the production of this hormone. It looks like if you have the Gastric Sleeve then it does. OK, our stomach capacity is decreased but will our appetites be decreased. Know anything about this?

xx

Hi

No i havn't heard of it .I feel less hungry all the time though . I don't think about food the same ,but i thought this was something to do with the stomach nerves and the op or would that be the same thing .Did your doc mention anything to you, mine said i would have less interest in food .oh i got a letter from the hospital today it turn out i had 9 anchors 6 in one place and 3 in another.

First weigh in :)

Hey all!
Went for my first weight in today, ive lost 11pounds (5 something kilos), since discharge on thursday 11th may.

I got told i had 7 anchors in the fundus and two in the gastric body. so 9 all together.

the nurse took pictures and was happy i was doing well. loving the tomato cream soup, had forgotton what food tasted like! back at work tommorow...social services is a busy busy world :) wish me luck please xx

if anyone wants more information on the operation kindly read my posts in this thread over the past couple of weeks. i shared what i know :)

Brilliant, Shax. Imagine losing 11lbs in a week!! Well, less than a week. Well done. Good luck tomorrow going back to work.
I went back today, guzzling Slimfast and water (separately). I did get some queer looks but nobody said anything.

Liz, apparently it's the fundus where this hormone is produced so maybe that's why, having anchors placed there, it affects our interest in food. I am thinking more in the longterm, not now, as I think we will still be experiencing the effects of the surgery etc. I got a letter today, too, from the surgeon saying what he had done and how I should expect to be less hungry but he doesn't specify why. See, I've got this into my head now and I want to find out about it.
Will let you guys know about any weight lost tomorrow.

xx

Hi all,

Since my surgery in February I've almost lost 2 stones. I've had loads of people say to me that I've lost weight and am looking healthier. Yey. My target was to loose 3 stones, so not far off.

I'm eating about 20% less in portion size but because I want to achieve my target quickly I've replaced lunch with a milk shake and yogurt or fruit. Seems to keep me going for about 5 or 6 hours. I do this 5 days a week as I'm always busy at work and don't have time to think about food. Sometimes this is very hard. I hope to god I can keep it up.

Back