• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Possible Complication 3 Months Post-Op?

Pandora_150

Finally Post-op!
Hi All,

The past two to three days I have been having pains in my upper tummy area. I think so far I have been in denial that it could be something serious. However, last night I kept being woken up every time I moved as I was in agony!

I have been to my GP this morning and so I am doing something about it now. My GP has absolutly NO clue about the bypass (what it is or what has been done to me). She was the one who refered me so she knows a little more than the other GP's at my practice. She is getting in touch with Mr Dobbins today to check to see if what I am experiancing should be checked out.

It is a pain in my upper tummy area, it gets worse when I move. Also when I eat I get a different sharp pain that goes from inside my tummy to the front of my chest (as though a sharp needle was being pushed from my new pouch outwards). I havent been sick - but I really feel sick.

Has anyone else experianced any post-op complications as far out as I am? I always figured that once I got past the first month that I would be fine. I am just wondering what this could be...

Steph x

Hey Steph,

I didnt want to read and run, and im a pre-oper and having a band! so im no help to man nor beast..

But hang in there girl, someone will give you some fantastic and mostly, overwhelming responses..

I can feel from your writing that your a little stressed and so you should be, but try to stay calm and dont over think the situation.. if theres a problem, it can be fixed..

Loves Marie x

Hiya honey, I can't help with what could be wrong but you are definately doing the right thing in getting advice. I hope you get sorted very soon xx

Cuppa xx

like me possiable adhesions. very common after any surgery and rerly cause problems but when they do you know about it.
Hopefully yr GP will get back to you. I have an appointment with the surgeon today so will let you know how i get on.
good luck
carole

That sounds horrible. The only tunny pain I've had is a couple of times when somethings kind of got stuck - but not like you're describing.

Hope you get sorted!!

xx

Thanks everyone!

Still not heard from my GP or Mr Dobbins (my surgeon). But the pain seams to have eased off slightly. It only really hurts when I move/twist. I'm begining to wonder if its something to do with the muscle rather than the pouch...

I hoping that I didn't over react. I didn't sleep very well and I am really emotional on top of that!

I am hoping someone gets back to me soon, just to let me know if I should be worrying or not! Till then I'll worry my arse off!

Just thinking about the pain and where it is has brought it back... Maybe it gets worse when I'm sat down... Maybe it could be all in my head... I'm going to go distract myself now so it doesn't get worse...

Steph x

Oh steph hope you will be ok, you sure you havent over done somthing and pulled a muscle . Hope you have had a call off mr dobbins and he has put your mind at rest x take care hun x

Nope... No phone call yet!

They won't keep me waiting all night will they?

Best case scenario is its a pulled muscle (or pulled the stiches on the internal abdominal wall). Worst case scenario is that something has happened to the pouch!

I hate the waiting. I don't even know if he thinks it could be serious.

If it was serious I would expect to be sick though, wouldn't I?

Still waiting...

Steph x

You know what Hannah... I never thought about that!

I am just sat here like a dunce!

I guess in some way I don't want them to tell me its me overreacting... or its something serious... I guess I can't win...

I don't want to bug them now though...

I seam to be able to eat/drink pretty much normally. But the amount that I can eat has gone down by about half.

I don't know what hours everyone keeps over there. And I have only ever contacted Cara about the meetings as she had nothing to do with my origional operation.

If noone is back to me tomorrow by about 9:30 then I will end up ringing his secretery just to see if my GP has even been in touch with them!

Only thing is that I know he is at Elland tomorrow afternoon - so if he is wanting to SEE me then I'm guessing that would be the best time.

Hmmmmmm...

Steph x

when cara came to see me in the hospital she gave me a card with her mobile number on it and said if i needed her for anything to ring and if the phone was off to leave a message , if the pain gets worse steph get yourself off to a&e x

If the pain was worse I would have no problems going to A and E! The thing is that it isn't! It isn't just the same. And still no vomiting!

I'm guessing I should be happy that it isn't any worse.

Everytime my phone goes off I jump a mile thinking it is someone from the Bariatric team!

I am thinking contacting Cara might be a good idea, just to put my mind at rest!

I am a hypocondriac at the best of times, so I don't want to overreact! But then again, when I was 10 I complained of a tummy ache for 6 months... only when they cut me open did they find that my appendix was about to burst... 12 hours later and I would have been dead.

I'm guessing thats what made me a hypocondriac in the first place!

Maybe its just a pulled muscle... I only started my 'running' regeime last week...

Steph x

OHHHHHHH Cara is the best! She was at the pub with her little lad and still made time to talk to me!

I explained what was happening and why I was worried (and why I wasn't worried). She said she would see Mr Dobbins tomorrow morning and get back to me as soon as she could.

She also explained that Mr Dobbins has been almost unobtainable in the past week as his secretery is on holiday! It explains why noone has been in touch with me yet!

She is a fab woman! Its put my mind at rest that someone on the team knows whats going on!

Steph x

Oh and are you coming to the next WLS meet Hannah? I keep meaning to mention it to you!

Steph x

Back