• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Post band day 5

amzzylouK

Hey guys I'm post op 5 days banding.. I'm continuing on the shakes but omg I'm so bored of slimfast right now.. I'm currently sticking to shakes as Mr super said stick to shakes for few weeks then move on to mushed up veg? Did anybody else stick to shakes or did you have soup and so on too? I'm going insane

Hi,
I'm 3 days post band (23 may) I couldn't do shakes as I really don't like milk at all...makes me bork but my dietician gave me other options.

I'm having coffee, sugar free juice, Clear soup, sugar free jelly,ice pops & am going to try low fat custard as am aware I'm probably not getting enough protein.

I feel fine,not hungry, no headaches & feel I'm doing okay so far but know it's early days!

Was nothing else except shakes recommended?

Good luck

Last edited:
I'm in same boat as you, I'm 5 days post band and I'm on shakes and I have hit a wall today I'm literally drinking 1 shake a day and I literally can't stomach any more milk or shakes.. What clear soups are you eating ? Maybe I need try this.. I know slimming world mousse is good.. It's made with jelly and fromage frais..

Soups I've been having are clear soups/consume...basically no bits in it & like stock but tastes lovely.

Had some low fat custard tonight mixed with skimmed milk to thin it down...also lovely & no pain/discomfort.

Good luck all with your liquids :)

When I got my band in 2007 we were given soup and Dutch bakes as our first meal after the op in hospital. So I was on soup right away but no lumps. You can add protein to soup my stirring in Marvel or other skimmed milk powder.
Good luck.

Back