• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Mixed emotions / not sure yet ...?

Sharonimo

Sleeve to Bypass
Well just prior to the op, when being taken down to the theatre, a gamut of thoughts were swirling my head mainly along the lines of:

** This is madness, why am I getting my body mutilated ???

** Can I just hop off this operating table and tell them I'm just going to stick to the pre-op diet for another 10 months and I will end up the right weight in the end on my own ...?

** Pretend I'm "just about" to go for surgery for another 10 months sticking to the slimfast shakes, or very low carb food ..... and do it with my existing stomach remaining in tact ???

** God, this is a really big surgery isn't it? This is a really drastic thing to do, why am I here?

etc etc etc.

Currently, I am "not sure" about my sleeve. I can drink liquids perfectly fine -- only water and milk so far -- but I have so many other little problems going on (inc still blue dye in my hair, bruises from needles, incision site pain, and a very bad post-op experience) ..... I am still in limbo at the moment.

Prior to the op I was (as you know) a firm supporter of WLS and the sleeve .... but now I am wondering if I really did the right thing.

I know it is early days .... and hopefully in a few weeks (or months) when the pain has gone, I will be able to see if my sleeve is doing its job and making life easier for me, or becoming an inconvenience that I wish I had never had.

You and me both love. I am so scared for you all on your own. My bf has been amazing. But yeah I too am wondering is this worth.

Morning,

It's worth it - what you're both feeling is 100% normal. It's frightening just as when you've climbed a high building, the best advice is never look down just keep going. Only the brave look down! This part of your journey is the same just keep going don't look back and don't keep looking forward just yet, keep moving. Very soon in a matter of weeks it'll start paying off and everything will feel right!

Big hugs.

Anna x.

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

you'll get there, youve done the worst bit, now you just have to dig in and wait just do what you have been told and the results will amaze you, we have all asked ourselves this question. xx stay strong and know that you are cared about on here. xx

All normal feelings, and they will last for a few more weeks yet as the first few months are hard, just keep reminding yourself that we all feel like that and it's just part of the process. I am now 3 months out (sleeve) and have never felt better. I can eat a nice little portion of a meal, at first I would think after a few mouthfuls was that it and it did start to get me down, you will get stronger everyday. I now know I made the best decision and you will too x

I knew pre op I would refuse to regret it. I had some rubbish days early on and cried a lot with pain. The wind pain being the worse.

Bur once the ops done its done. No room for regret. That just will had unrest and stress to your mind. And that's not needed in a time you are need to heal.

Within just a few days after my op I started to feel a lot better. I hope you two do too (((hugs))) xxx

I am not sure I regret the op. I think I regret it's necessity more. It tastes like failure. And I need to reset my thinking to 'it is the road to lasting success'

Absolutely. As you all know I have had some problems since my op but do not regret it for one moment. I am 75lbs lighter since January, my back is feeling fantastic, my blood pressure is normal & as a big bonus I'm an easy size 22 ( was a 28/30).
You guys are fantastic & are shinning lights & inspiration for us. X

Sharon; this feeling of regret (buyer's remorse) is absolutely common. I had it at its worst 2 weeks post op when I was feeling absolutely rubbish and wondered what on earth had made me think this op was a good idea. But then I adjusted my multivits, started feeling so much better, and watched the pounds melt away. Long term, you won't regret it. I can almost promise you that. And Mr. Sufi is a great surgeon so no matter how awful your hospital experience was, your actual procedure will have gone well.

Yvessa said:
I am not sure I regret the op. I think I regret it's necessity more. It tastes like failure. And I need to reset my thinking to 'it is the road to lasting success'

I know what you mean there. It's the why couldn't I have done this without this drastic step. I think many of us have thought that x

I'm still having my doubts about was this procedure really necessary. I keep telling myself that in a few weeks when all healed inside and back to normal foods albeit smaller portions it will be.
A girl I've known forever has had a bypass and I constantly walk pass her as I don't recognise at first glance, told me the first 6 months were bad then it all clicked and she doesn't regret it now.

I'm still having my doubts about was this procedure really necessary. I keep telling myself that in a few weeks when all healed inside and back to normal foods albeit smaller portions it will be.
A girl I've known forever has had a bypass and I constantly walk pass her as I don't recognise at first glance, told me the first 6 months were bad then it all clicked and she doesn't regret it now.
6 months is a long time when you're regretting :(

I had a few bad days, I've now come to the conclusion that I was mourning my old life/old diet.

I had a few bad days, I've now come to the conclusion that I was mourning my old life/old diet.
good point, we spend many years being fat, over eating and feeling rubbish, its a big change xxx

I don't think she regretted for that amount of time, it took her 6 months for everything to click into place and for this to now become the normal way of life rather than how she had been.
She had been a big girl all her life. She looks absolutely fantastic now.

Wonderlust said:

Well usually in a time this stressful we would turn too food. This is the first time we can't do that. That's something to mourn just there.

But in time it hopefully will set us hope to learn to cope without comfort eating.

Time will tell for us post op babies lol

Ive been feeling a bit like this , and I am pre-op. Think it the fact of it being so close

I had a bypass done
And I also in the early days cried thinking
'what have I done'...I was more annoyed with myself that I had to the extreme measure of having this surgery to help me with my weight issue.
I'm 16 months post op now,and I couldn't be leading the life I'm having without this gift the nhs gave me.
It's so hard in the first few months,but you will get used to it and it's so worth while xxx

I also some of it is just
-having no energy
-waking up every 2 hours last night
-burping or 'botty burping' as a nurse who made me giggle told me
- worrying.
-worrying some more.
- worrying a little extra.

Went back to bed and feel pretty good now :)

Like a couple of others, I regret getting to a size that meant I had to turn to this surgery but, I don't regret having it at all. I can already see and feel the difference in my body.

The pain will get you down as it stops us from doing things but, I assure you, it does get better.
I am, nearly, 3 weeks post-op and all the feelings you describe, I have felt.

It's still very early days for me...so definitely very early for you.
I am still recovering but, I can think back a couple of weeks and know how frightening it is, at times, when you realise how little you can consume, even of liquids but, I promise you, every day will be a small improvement.

We are all here for each other. xx

Back