• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Mr Paul Super Doland Park - Gastric Band

trio

Hi all, I am in to the 2nd week, i am so glad to have found this site, I had surgery with Mr Paul Super at the Hospital Group at Dolland Park but under the WGA offer.

I haven't had my 5 day post op call from a nurse yet, but am glad to hear about the discomfort with the port, I am experiencing the same.

The worse for me at the moment is constipation, and this then agrivates the port.

Found that the paracetamol they give you (all 24 of them) weren't strong enough, and used a higher dose initially.

Really craving some real food, but cant say i am hungry. My partner has been making me soups, Mushroom, Carrot and corriander, Pea, Spicy Parsnip and leek and potatoe, so even though I was spoilt for choice, gettin bored now.

Still habing slimfast shakes, smoothies just for a change and to give me some extra vitamins.

Not sure about what food to eat after the 4 week post op, hopefully someone can advise.

Can anyone tell me where you can buy liquid or chewy vitamins?

Cant wait for the longer term results!

Anyone looking for reassurance or questions, don't hesitate to ask :)

Hiya Trio welcome to the loosing side.
Boots do quite a few different vitamins thats where i got mine from
Constipation i didn't get but i believe there are quite afew people on here who had if you look at there diarys it will tell you maybe shell bell or alli cat would be the best to ask.
I am now 3 weeks post op tuesday just gone and have lost a stone and half. Im back on soft foods but if i have something it would be cottage pie with loads of gravy, fish pies, porridge, weetabix. Anything that goes mush with the back of a fork. I have also tried rice and bread and am fine with them but dont forget whatever you have to chew chew chew.
I take a multi vit with mineral in then vit c with iron and a chewable zinc with vit c. I smoke so i have to have abit more vit c because smoking zapz the vit c out of you quick.
Good luck and dont try to rush each phase. If you get wind get someone to rub your back like a baby thats the best thing ever. rubbing your lower back may help with constipation too.
Chezza.x

Posted on the other thread you were on Trio, but in case you don't see it, get yourself some benefibre for the constipation. Works wonders.

im 4 wks post op and eat everything as normal although low fat tonight i have turkeymushroom and onion casserole with veg at 2 wks i started with boiled egg, mash, and casseroled chicken with soft veg just shredded the chicken in very small portions
i dont vitamins as wasnt told to but can take normal tablets so would just take them, ever clinic gives different advice tho

Im just over two weeks past op i think lol its all rolled on quick :D,from dolan park on WGA .Don't hold your breath for a call i got my apt threw really quick but not had a call at all lol.

I am just starting to get bad constipation :confused:,so im just going to take duxolax Perle's as there tiny and dont upset my tummy ,but iv also been using fiber sure but not sure if its helped.

I did not get paracetamol from them as they give dissolvables of which if you read my thread about my op with WGA you will see i could not stand them:sign0137:, so they gave me kids liquid of which i hated too:(, so got strong pain killers from GP that i had to separate and mix with somthing to take as im not allowed tablets yet !!.

I take a chewable adult vit, can get them from Holland and barretts or your local asda or so on ,a dissolvable vit c (very nice dissolved in half and half water and orange juice )

and brought some protein powder by sonatagen but got to get used to that yet !!

i wonder why your not allowed tablets i was on them 2 days post op just had to take them with milk . bet you enjoyed that egg mayo honey lol

hi anyone here ....new to this...having gastric band october 26th at dolan park x

i wonder why your not allowed tablets i was on them 2 days post op just had to take them with milk . bet you enjoyed that egg mayo honey lol

Not sure to be honest?:confused:, but im coming across this a lot its all down to the surgeon or the hospital ,

and as i dont want to cause any problems with my band im happy not to bother it with solids:D. but the sooner i can take a tablet the better.i hate liquid anything and i was told by the nurses from now on no mater what, tablets should be no bigger than my little finger nail:( .so my well woman vits are out there horse size lol

and the egg was bliss but uncomfortable :(

Honey bet you never thought egg mayo could taste so good lol....I cant wait until I am restricted I am eating for england at present.....xx:(

thanks, am feeling excited now to be honest, the light at the end of the tunnel!!

Honey bet you never thought egg mayo could taste so good lol....I cant wait until I am restricted I am eating for england at present.....xx:(

Yeahh:D:D. But strangely i was not as happy to eat it as i thought i would be ?:confused:,it was lovely but it was a little uncomfortable too lol.

I did the eating bit i put on a stone before my op was confirmed:eek:. I just thought feck it i can eat as i like it will get sorted. But actually you have to lose that weight plus the original weight so it just extends the time a bit but you know what ??.I fully enjoyed it :D:D:Dlol

I think thats the phase I am in lol.....I had so much for tea I feel stuffed but you know what I am sick of food really, its time it took a back seat in my life....xx

Hi i am in my 3rd wk post op, am always hungry and seem to be able to eat anything, (bread, pasta rice, meat).

Can anyone advise, is this normal?

Does the fills stop this??

Hey!

I am new to the site, had the band done at Dolan park last Thursday. The milky/soup diet has made me pretty sick and I really don't feel I can't manage it for another 6 days, has any one got any tips on how you managed to get through?

I got the WGA package, is anyone else finding it not all they thought it would be in terms of paitent care etc?

Sorry for the moan guys, bad diet day :eek:(

C x

Back