• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

First day of the 5 day pouch test

phatmomma

Well i have to say this is the first day of the 5 day pouch test for me and i am surprised how it hasn't been so bad! Protein shake and a cup of tea before i headed to work this morning and been supping hot drinks and protein shakes and soup at work throughout the day..... Thought i was been tortured going to the German Market in Birmingham tonight (daughter in law asked me last minute this morning grr lol), there were delicious humungous 'Bratwurst' sausages, waffles with all sorts of toppings and the chocolates..OMG! But i survived with a skinny gingerbread latte from Starbucks :)

As i say i was worried about this more probably than my op! I slept well the night before surgery but last night i tossed and turned more than a professional pancake maker. On reflection this afternoon i realised i was scared of not being able to eat! Food has always been my best friend and although i've had surgery i still consider food to be in my elite 'circle' of friends...

Anyhow for those 6 months + post op who may consider it, just letting you know it aint so bad :) Here's hoping i think the same tomorrow evening, roll on soft protein Wednesday :) xx

well done Julie. Im looking to you for inspiration on this. i may be tempted to give it a go myself in the new year

I'm glad ur first day hasn't been so bad. I really must do this also just to prepare myself for the christmas season.

Keep us posted

A big well done Julie, you are an inspiration. I too may have to have a go after christmas, so will follow your thread.

Good luck for tomorrow.

Well done Julie, I know exactly what you mean about food being your best friend! I hope tomorrow goes as well as today has for you :D XX

Well done Julie. I hope it keeps going well for you and brings the hoped-for results.
Grace xxxx

well done, keep up the good work xxxxxx just think only 4 more days ;0)

I've thought of doing this myself as I don't seem to stop eating most days.

Glad your first day went so well.
Looking forward to hearing about the second day x

Random - but you may feel that when it comes to solid day - you dont fancy eating and want to stick to liquids?!
Wel done and good luck chick! x

Well it's almost 5 pm on day two and i have to admit i've been feeling hungry today. This may have something to do with the fact i had 1/2 a day off today to go into Brum to fetch my car from the garage so didn't have my soup till almost 3pm.. However just got in and had a pint glass full of protein shake and tum is feeling better for it :) Buggar me if i didn't miss the bit about sugar free jelly being allowed on days 1 & 2 lol....

Anyhow am looking forward to tomorrow morning, have been joking with himself that i might get up at 4am so i can have some scrambled eggs lol... Either tuna or salmon (tinned) for lunch, i can hardly wait. Tomorrow is feast day :)

Anyway for those thinking of doing it i can honestly say it's not been so bad so far! I'll be interested to see how my restriction goes tomorrow, and to see if it has an effect on the scales on Saturday (weather permitting).

Well i have to say this is the first day of the 5 day pouch test for me and i am surprised how it hasn't been so bad! Protein shake and a cup of tea before i headed to work this morning and been supping hot drinks and protein shakes and soup at work throughout the day..... Thought i was been tortured going to the German Market in Birmingham tonight (daughter in law asked me last minute this morning grr lol), there were delicious humungous 'Bratwurst' sausages, waffles with all sorts of toppings and the chocolates..OMG! But i survived with a skinny gingerbread latte from Starbucks :)

As i say i was worried about this more probably than my op! I slept well the night before surgery but last night i tossed and turned more than a professional pancake maker. On reflection this afternoon i realised i was scared of not being able to eat! Food has always been my best friend and although i've had surgery i still consider food to be in my elite 'circle' of friends...

Anyhow for those 6 months + post op who may consider it, just letting you know it aint so bad :) Here's hoping i think the same tomorrow evening, roll on soft protein Wednesday :) xx

Hello Julie, Well done on today but can I ask why people do the 5 day pouch test? Thought I had investigated surgery well but can't recall this?

thanks

lin

Lin, the 5 day pouch test is not to be taken lightly. In my understanding it's when you get to a point where you are thinking you are eating quite more than you used too and so you do it to do 2 things....

1. To get your pouch back to basics and reintroduce restriction and hopefully kick bad carb habits.
2. To get rid of bad habits/slider foods and get a bit of discipline back in your life...

I'm hoping both will work.

Allie it will be great for tomorrow :) It's scrambled egg for breakfast, possibly a bit of tinned salmon for lunch, and lord only knows what i'll be noshing on for tea. So long as it's pure protein and not firm it will be great :)

I'll be sure to update tomorrow evening....

enjoy your egg and salmon today you are doing great xxx keep it up

Well day 3 is going along nicely :) 2 scrambled eggs for breakfast and they were delicious. For lunch i reckon i had less than 1/2 a tin of salmon, i can't believe the restriction is there. Last week i'd have had a sandwich made with 2 slices of bread and probably a yoghurt too...

Long may it continue! Tomorrow is firm protein day, not quite sure what i shall have as i don't have any turkey/lamb/beef in the house. May well end up getting some on the way to work :) So looking forward to a bit of salad too, no mention of it on day 3 so i've literally just eaten soft protein today. Feeling fabulous x

Julie, you are doing sooooo well!
Looking forward to seeing what weight you have lost after the 5 days!! Although the extra restriction is such a bonus, even if there is not much weight loss!
Can I ask what you had on days 1 and 2? Protein shakes only?
Thanks and good luck!

Back