• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Post Bbypassers - anyone experienced this?

Caroline101061

Aftercomplaining that everything tastessweet to my surgeon, I had a barrage of blood tests yesterday and the results are all rubbish. My potassium levels are too low, my glucose too high and I am dehydrated. hey are talking about admitting me for a couple of days next week to sort this out. Any one else had this? Im 6 weeks post surgery and I want to know if this can be sorted whilst carrying on a normal life. Iif I dont work I dont get paid!

Hi there i had the same problem after my bypass it lasted for about 9 weeks then it just went. Some things still taste very sweet now but they say its normal and im 9 month post bypass x x hope this makes sence as im still groggy from my op today x

I'm 9 weeks past bypass and had bloods taken last week to test for anemia. I rang for the results and they wouldn't give them to me saying the doctor wants to see me in person to deliver... I can't get there for a week so will have to fret it out

Fingers crossed for you

i am now 20 weeks post bypass and yes everything still tastes sweet, your main problem is the dehydration, up your fluids and see if this helps sort things out for you, the other test results could be being affected by the dehydration as well.

thanks so much for your replies - dont understand why if this is so common post bypass, that my surgeon who is the font of all knowledge bariatric, does not know about this. Im drinking for england now cause I Icannot afford any more time off work. Fingers xd.

Back