• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

update on docs

BlueDiamond

Howdy doodle

For those of you who have read my health worries lately (bp) , I went docs today too get the results of me blood tests and found that my cholestrol is high and so is my blood sugar levels, been told I prob end up on diabetic tabs sooner if they dont go down, they also did my bp again and it was high again 174/100, anyhows, the doc explained on more bp test and if high then I be on meds (till it changes or op , wot ever comes first)
Also I was just wondering If I should mention this to my Surgeon when I go for my appointment in 2 weeks(my good friend sarah tells me I should so ) so what you guys think??? Wondering if it will go for me or against me :rolleyes: any advice would be welcomed.(p.s. my next gps appointment is before I see surgeon so I may be on tabs by then anyway, as doc sed if still high most likely be on em (dunno which ones mind, lol)

All the best and happy new year - MeJulie x x :love047::love047::love047::love047:

I'd tell them just to be on the safe side, they are bound to check your blood pressure anyway. I can't see it going against you as far as surgery is concerned. That just my opinion tho, I'm sure others will be along here soon with better answers
love
Sandra

Thank you for replying - Most appreciated, hopefull someone else will come along as give me some advice - Fingers crossed x

best to tell them i think xx

Hi, They will take your blood pressure anyway.
I think they kind of expect us larger folk to have higher blood pressure but my surgeon told me that my op wouldn't take place if mine was still high so I've been put on medication now and its coming down nicely x

i have high bp which is now medication controlled they are aware of this and ive had all my ops with this condition, they need to know the situation so they can look after you properly during the op.

Hi they will probably do their own tests anyway so you may as well tell them. I have high blood pressure that is controlled by medication and there are loads of overweight people with diabetes so I doubt it will be a problem. They just need to know what conditions they are dealing with. Good luck with your appt.

Yep best to tell as you have to take in GP report anyway so I presume it will be on there. If its extremly high they may wait till you been on meds for few weeks to stablise it as this is what happened to my friend albeit not for bypass but was for stomach op.
Hope all goes well for you best of luck.

xx

If you are diagnosed as diabetic this can only go in your favour as it is a comorbidity... The minute the doctor puts you on those tablets you make sure your surgeon knows..

Good luck xx

Back