• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

20th December sleeve op date UCHL confirmed today

cost

Hi,

Well I have had all the test and results, some of them better than others. Just got the results of my latest blood tests taken yesterday to check my potassium, etc. which are good plus my blood pressure has gone down with the new tablets so it is all systems go. I have lost 22.8kg on the 12 week regime that Prof Finer asked me to follow and to lose 20.2 kg so it is all systems go.

I am a bit apprehensive but I have plenty to do before the op. I am first to go down at around 8.30am as I am 'high risk' as the nurse told me. I am doing my best not to get to worried.

Also I have arranged for my niece to meet my husband for lunch on the day as she is very calm and will keep him calm as he is a bit worried too. Lovely hubby that he is, he has decided to take the days when I am in hospital as leave so that he can visit when possible. He really is very supportive so I know that I am lucky.

This is one way of getting out of cooking Christmas Lunch. I saved my vouchers and ordered M&S's cooked lunch so that it could be prepared easily as I invited my sister and hubby to visit from Ireland. I had originally been told the op would be end Oct/Nov so thought I would be recovered by Christmas. At least my husband will have company so that will keep him busy.

I have kept those friends and family that know to a minimum as I do not want the continual questions - how much have you lost?, etc. I have been dieting since I was a child so I am truly looking forward to this opportunity of finally being able to be in control of my weight.

I know I have a long way to go but I know that there is fabulous support from you guys on this site. This site has been invaluable to date and I will be looking to you for support as I progress along the journey to the new me. I am very excited as well as being apprehensive but I am looking at being positive.

Thank you all for sharing your stories and helping me on my journey.

Cheers,:553::thankyou::talk017:

Great news well dun u ;) good luck n merry Xmas ;) x

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

great news cost, good luck :) xxx

Hope all goes well , sounds like you have a great hubby xx

That's great news Cost, I hope the surgery goes well!

You'll be fine. I'll be thinking of you on the 20th only 4days to go .

Good luck!!!

luv Cathy xxx

WestLondongirl - I will be thinking of you too. Cheers,

Feeling a bit stressed. I have family around me but that is stressing me more particulary as they do not seem to understand what it is all about. My sister and her husband arrived here on Saturday and are staying in the house. My older sister informed me should would not be visiting me in hospital so my husband said to me why has she bothered to come and stay. I went to sleep last night feeling a bit upset. When both her husband and she had ops and were in hospital I was there for them. Am I being stupid?

I feel very tense at the moment and I need to calm down otherwise my blood pressure will be raised.

Is there anything that you guys forgot to take into hospital or wished you had?

Going to try and calm down now.

Thanks for listening.

Cheers,

Good luck for 2moz hun x

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Back