• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Post Op Blues?

Tickety Boo

Hi All

Is there such a thing as post op blues. I'm quite emotional today. Want to comfort eat but know I can't. I don't know if it's the run up to Christmas, the weather, not being able to get out because of the ice and also not being able to drive. I feel a bit stir crazy. My sleeping pattern is rubbish I can manage around 4 - 41/2 hours per night and thats it. Have to get up and potter about.

I know its probably only temporary but has anyone else felt like this?

Post-op can be a true rollercoaster ride, ups and downs are very normal. Its all due to hormones being released with all the fat! Dont worry, you are normal......ish ;) XX

A lot of people get the post op blues, just remind yourself why you had your surgery and how wonderful you are going to feel in 6 months :)

It's still early days and you are probably suffering with stir craziness due to the weather and not being able to drive.. Make the most of your 'recovery' period and get to know your new insides.....

As for the sleeping, i remember it well :) :)

Perfectly normal you are still recovering from major surgery. I have always maintained that although our bodies recover quicker our minds are a good bit behind. The first few weeks are hard when you can't get out and about especially if you drive but those "down" days pass and appear less as the weeks go on. You will soon be all singing all dancing again soon. Big hugs xx

I know exactly how you feel hun, and trust me it's very normal! It's only temporary though. The first few days after my op I was all over the place. Trapped indoors due to the snow, with an overly protective other half that won't let me do ANYTHING as long as I'm recovering, my comfort (food) no longer available for enjoyment.. I did feel rather sorry for myself.
But as the others have said, try to remind yourself why you are doing this and what it is going to lead to and how much better you will feel soon.
I keep myself busy with paperwork and books and music and movies.. and I write a personal diary too. All helps, and I feel much better already.

xx

Oh I remember the lack of sleeping... that really doesn't help with the post op blues, the best thing I can recommend is to rest even if yr not sleeping, I couldn't understand how I was so tired but unable to sleep!

I can't imagine how all of that added up with cabin fever from the snow must make you feel... just sending big hugs & to let you know it does all get better. x

Hugs pet. As you can see from other people's posts, what you're feeling is really quite normal! It will get better I promise!
Grace xxx

Oh hun it is completely normal.

I remember bursting into tears because my mum was cooking cabbage and i couldnt have some (was on liquids). It is completely normal.

You will come out of it soon. I am extrememly happy now, can still eat all the things i could pre-op (although im not great with chicken) but just smaller portions.

Stay positive hun. xxxxx

Aww bless you. I had them too but maybe like you say its a build up of everything. I cried all day yesterday. Everytime someone wished me merry christmas I got a huge lump in my throat and could'nt reply. Soppy get that I am I suppose. Hope you feel better soon sweetheart xxx

Back