• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Panicking pets when being sick???

madstaffyblonde1

http://tickers.wlsurgery.
A silly question I no but as anyone else expierenced this.

I have a 7 yr old Staffordshite bull terrier whom is like my shadow, anywhere I am he is, if I sit on a chair he has to share it, if i go to the bathroom he has to come with me infact if im not tripping up over him I panic where he is lol.

Anyway since my op when ever i am sick he really panics, he runs and hides, panting and shakeing this is starting to worry me abit as he also has a heart condition and should not really be getting stressed.

I have reasured him that I am ok but he will not come out from his hiding place untill i stop being sick and then he jumps all over me like when i come home from work. As anyone else had there pets do the same or is it just my lovable rouge :rolleyes:

ive never experienced this, cant u be sick out of his view hes obviouly just conderned for you hun xxx

Hun as u might know i have 2 gorgeous staffies, my big girl Ebony is really nervous and if i just raise my voice and call my son she runs and hides under the pc table, shakes and pants for about 20 mins.
Your gorgeous boy sounds just like my 2 girls i cant turn around without Tia being under my feet lol.
The vet told me to just ignore them, and they will calm down quicker than if we try to calm them down.
Staffies are such soft and soppy dogs i know so many of them that do exactly the same, the panting is them just trying to cool themselves down after getting in a panic xxx

Thanx Roch that makes me better knowing I'm not alone, he is a big softy at heart but will definatly try to ignore him next time:)

Liz when I'm sick it's not even vomiting ect I'm a silent sicker lol but as he is my shadow it's hard to try to hide from him lol

I have two a "miracle" old english sheepdog called Maddi who although nervous i can't say she has reacted like that, my rescue dog Murphy is a German Shepard cross and he is not nervous at all. Sounds as your baby is definatly worried about you hopefully he will relax soon xx

I have a staff dobi cross and he hardly leaves my side. If I am ill he sits in front or snuggles up by the side of me until i move and then like your boy he sticks like glue. It seems to be the norm with Staffs

Back