• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Post op diet boredom

JEVF

Hi All,

I'm 10 days post op and on liquid only diet. I must get 60g protein in ore day and I do this via 250 ml x3 Upbeat drinks. I get the rest of my liquid intake from tomato juice with spices added, sometimes custard and weak no sugar added squash.

I'm ticking the days off it when the purée diet starts. My weight loss has stalled over the last few days, though I know that I shouldn't weigh myself everyday. I probably won't now as I feel a little down beat., when I know I'm inky having about 5oo cals a day, if that.

Can anyone give some tips?

X

Hi there

I'd say if you can stop the daily weighing now do it! I'm 2 months post op and I'm addicted to the scales, wish I'd never started with daily weighing!

Food wise, have you tried soups? You can get some good ones from M&S like chicken, rice and mushroom which go smooth if you pop them in the blender at home or a lentil soup blended perhaps? Loads of protein and nice flavours.

Also, those new Danone Danio yoghurts have over 10g of protein and I found them really nice when I was on liquids for a change. Another thing I did was get those kids yoghurts in the little tubes and pop them in the freezer for a frozen treat, they melt in your mouth so are liquid but you can also crunch them so a bit of variation!
Good luck.
Stacey

I'm the world's worst person to give tips for post op diet. I was ok (but bored) with the liquid diet but absolutely HATED the puree week (thankfully I did only have to do it for the week!) as I found the texture awful.

The only think I can say is hang on in there - it DOES get better xx

Hi I spoke to my dietician yesterday (7 days post op today) and said I was gipping at the liquidised diet, she suggested I blend some mince with mash, and chew, chew, chew. today I blended homemade lasagne, again it didn't go to liquid but the bits that were there I chewed thoroughly and all seems to be ok, I only had a little ramakin of it but it was really tasty. I don't know if ive done wrong now. feel fine, I'm bored of this stage already. x

I am having my op on Wednesday and am looking for ideas for my liquid diet post op

I read on a thread, which I can't find now, that someone had made slim fast into ice lollies. I have never tried slim fast and am worried I won't like it, but the icelolly idea sounds doable.

Have any of you tried this? If so, how did you find it?

I was wondering, are yogurts considered liquid?

Yes, it works! Those kids yoghurt tubes are also really nice frozen and have 2g protein which is little but better than nothing. After my post op liquid phase I never want to see tomato soup again - it seems to be the only flavour without bits you can get when out and about!

Best of luck

Yes - yoghurt with no bits is liquid. I'd stick to runny yoghurt rather than the thick Greek ones for the first few days as they might be a little too thick. Low fat custard pots are also nice and allowed.

Stacey thanks your a star..it is all a bit confusing, different advice from different providers. My sheet said soup. But that can mean a whole range of things. Getting banded on Wednesday Thinking on Saturday I will get a chicken and mushroom, or chicken noodle out of the Chinese restaurant, and pop it through the strainer, probably tastebetter than any clear soup I could make

I had a lovely lentil and bacon soup today from The Covent Garden range, it is lumpy, so I blitzed it down till smooth as silk, tomorrow I am going to try adding some of the liberte greek yoghurt to it to ' tart it up ' a bit and add some more protein in. I have been having one Complan a day too, usually for breakfast, going to add a banana and Liberte to that and blitz, blitz , blitz ! Finding my energy a little more with the more I try to eat, but taking each meal slowly and stop as soon as I feel I have had enough, then try again a little later with some more. Was told while on the liquid stage could do this to get the protein in anyway I can x

I today blitzed a bit of beef stew that my family had for dinner and sieved it! Oh my it was amazing! I'm so fussy so I'm sick of tomato soup!!! ( it's the only soup I like)

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Thanks girls. So does the 20/2/20 rule not apply in the liquid stage?

Does the two litre of fluid include soups etc?

I think it is any liquid you can get down as they included my cups of tea and soup when in hospital in my liquid intake

Back