• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Post op diet confusion

JoannaN89

Hello! Can anyone tell how many grams of fat and sugar we should be looking for per 100g? Ive been told its 5g of sugar and 3g of fat?

So if thats per 100g, i can't eat that in one go. If i only eat 50g at a time does that mean i can have a meal with 10g of sugar and 6 of fat? As its split into two? Sorry if that's a stupid question x

Ta x

No, if you only eat half, it must still be 5g of sugar and 3g of fat per 100g, if that's what you have been advised. What you are saying would mean you are doubling up by having 50g?!

They just quote the 100g as its easily available on the nutritional value of food labels, its not necessarily the serving size or indeed how much you should eat. I hope that's explained it a bit easier for you :D

Yeah it does thank you, just trying to think of meal ideas, especially for lunch. Ive been having eggs alot but they have 11g of fat (in total), 3.3g of saturated. Is it the saturated fats we should be looking at for the 3g or less? Or still the total?

X

I would think its the total. Eggs contain what is termed 'good fats', so do certain types of fish and avocado's.

It might be worth checking with your team if you can have these foods as they contain many other good things too, it would be a shame for you to miss them out x

Yeah it does thank you, just trying to think of meal ideas, especially for lunch. Ive been having eggs alot but they have 11g of fat (in total), 3.3g of saturated. Is it the saturated fats we should be looking at for the 3g or less? Or still the total?

X

Saturated and trans fats are the ones you should avoid - these are bad fats, the others are good. Egg is full of calcium, protein, good fats - I think its a very good source of energy personally.

See I would think it is saturated they refer to but who knows - be worth checking for sure.

Back