• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Fat Quantites.

Mrs Quiggle

Someone help me out please. I know that with sugar we are looking at 5-10g of sugar per 100g of product but what is the amount of fat that we're ok with.

Also, on the puree stage, has anyone had curry. I brought a container of chicken tikka masala from Asda yesterday to puree and freeze in small portions but I'm wondering A. about the fat, (it's quite low) and b. will the spice aggrevate my stomach while it's healing. I know it's different for everyone so a bit of a difficult one to answer but just wondering.

I've been putting loads of portions of pureed and mashable foods in little pots in readiness. Made chilli tonight so will freeze some of this too.

I can't wait till I can eat again. :eek:

Fat needs to be 5% per 100g or less :)

As soon as I was able to have puree I was eating Mint Sauce, Spices, Sharwoods Curry pastes etc....anything that was tasty...all ok.

You'll be fine, go with what you really want post op...you wont be able to have massive quantities, so whatever stage your at, make sure what you eat you really enjoy....

Cant wait to see you on the losers bench,, good luck x

Thanks Sarah, that's great. I can't wait either lol. Only tonight and tomorrow then it's B day. Wish I hadn't got to go to work tomorrow, and I've got a supper party to do tomorrow night for 8 of us. Guess what I'll be having to eat.

Love Kate x

You'll be fine, 2 more sleeps ...how exciting:):)

Going to work will help keep your mind off it and I was so calm the night before it was spooky....think I'd done all my worryimg and just wanted to get on with it:)

All the very best ...I'll be thinking of you and all of you have your procedure this week:):)

Hope everything goes well and wish you all a speedy recovery x

good luck xx

My guidelines were 5g per 100g or no more than 15g per serving. This is because so many foods are higher than 5g, but when you consider the amounts you have it's a different story. Same with sugar.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

That's what I was told and how I did things.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Back