• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Post op diets

mizkirsty

Can I ask everyone's opinion of post op diets?

Do you follow slimming world, weight watchers, calorie count or low carb.

I'm really stuck on what to do? Atm I'm using mfp and aiming for 1200 cals. X

I'm very very new too...but at the moment I'm just going with the flow, in my head I know I'm eating ok...I think when I have had my next fill I'll start mfp properly to make sure I'm getting enough or not too much!

I think then it's easier to see your 'good' weeks etc so you can see what works best for best weight loss....

Am sure more experienced banders will be along soon......they are a wealth of knowledge and advice!

Zxx

Kirsty. I could have sworn I answered this thread. Maybe on another?

I'm a low carber. It's not for everyone but I feel it helps stop cravings and binging. I try for between 30 and 50 carbs a day. This would be impossible for a bread eater or someone who likes a wee biscuit or chocolate treat though.

I used to do Atkins and I guess I pretty much still do unconsciously - I count calories essentially but don't touch pre pack processed/refined food or wheat/gluten (I'm celiac). I don't eat potatoes or rice on a daily basis either..if I do I consider I'm having a bad day.

I try to stick to 1000 cals on my dietitians advice and use MFP to keep track of calories

Breakfast: liberte yoghurt

Lunch: slice smoked mackerel and a bowl of salad

Tea: a couple of cups of my free tomato soup with tomatoes, onions, cabbage, chicken cubes and tomato purée 50 cals a bowl and 10 carbs

Xfactor treats: liberte yoghurt and Atkins 220 cals choc mint bar...15 g of protein and 2.5 carbs

I have had a hellish few weeks with loads of social occasions, weddings, special birthdays, weekend away. All I have done all month is loss the weight that each occasion has had me gain. I had my works Xmas lunch yesterday and was up 3lb on the scales this morning.. That booze is a booger!!! It will take me two or three days to drop that gain. Just in time to go away abroad to an all inclusive resort on the 18th lol. I will be heavier than I am now on my return but hope to get back to this point by 31st December.

No matter what you chose todo, stick with it and it will work xxxx

This is for life....we don't need to do it all this week or this month. Some weeks/months will be easier than others xxxx

Yeah you did respond thankyou! I posted in in post op and banders!

As I wasn't sure where it was meant to go haha!

But I think maybe if I lower my goal to 1000 that will help. Then if I do go slightly over its within 1200. The last couple of days have been terrible. With xmas meals and celebrations. And have my first fill tues. I don't think the nurse will be impressed!!! Xx

Back