• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

What to follow???

mizkirsty

Can I ask everyone's opinion of post op diets?

Do you follow slimming world, weight watchers, calorie count or low carb.

I'm really stuck on what to do? Atm I'm using mfp and aiming for 1200 cals. X

Hey chick I'm doing 1000 to1200 cals, 50 carbs SW is a bit carb heavy for me, but its whatever suits you best x x
Is that 50% daily carbs like on mfp or something? Xx

See I'm a long term slimming world member (except for last year or so!) old habits die hard! Xz

my weight loss came from weight watchers but also with a combined certain content of protein to carbs

I aim for 1000-1200 cals a day i don't limit anything..... i pretty much eat what i did pre op just less of it...... although being wheat and dairy intolerant i guess helps ..... so my intake there is pretty small, but i do still have a little :) on a normal day i have porridge for breakfast.... 1 egg omelet with low fat bacon and low fat cheese and tea is normally meat and veg + 50g potatoes :) i also allow myself treats too........... and so far so good :) 10 stone down...... over 7 stone (including pre op) since the band and im still empty..... i feel my success is to be very strict on the 20 20 20 ...eating little and often keeps the hunger away :) of course that's me .... i tihnk you have to find what works for you and stick to it...... gl x x xx

I do better if I limit my carbs to between 30 and 50 a day. I count the carbs in my veg also I.e I in a cherry tomato, 1 on a stick of celery, s3 in a medium portion of greens, I.e salad leaves, broccoli and cauliflower and there is 10 in my free soup and about 11 in a liberte yoghurt

I am celiac so don't touch wheat products but have rice cakes on occasion topped with tuna mayo and red onion. 6 carbs in each rice cake

When I have a blow out I find I am starving for a couple of days afterwards as I come out of ketosis and my blood sugar is spiking all over the place. But low carbing is not for everyone. Especially if you like your bread and. Wee biscuit. I use Atkins Bars as treats as they are very filling, give me a wee sweet taste but are really low in carbs. But hey I have not lost 4lbs in the last 4 weeks so I'm probably not the best person to be dishing out advice at the moment lol.

No matter what you do you will loose. Eventually I might go back to SW and do red (original) days. As I think eventually I might need the group support and regular weigh ins. And if you can get to target you don't pay :)

Just decide on something and stick with it. Calorie counting and using MFP worked for me since the op, but I just counted the carbs too and ate animal produce and veg on the main. If you stay away from the processed food, the wheat etc, you can't really go too wrong as fish, chicken, beef eggs, bacon are all high carb and low calories - add in some veg and your not going to do much damage calories wise

It is soooo confusing. I do wake up some days on as stall and think this is not working, what can I try next...but hang on in there with what you decide - all the plans work if we stick to them

Back