• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Slimming World anyone? Need to unstick myself!!

Miss Tickle

Well, here I am nearly a year out and have been the same weight for yonks. I'd like to say I'm doing all the right things but I really have lost focuss. I'm not drinking enough, avoiding proper solid protein as it makes me throw up and the occasional treat has become an almost daily event.
Enough is enough. I need to take back control. Spurred on by Jo's inspirational dedication , assisted by Weight Watchers, at lunch time I rang my local Slimming World group consultant and am off, with hubby in tow, on Monday. I'm really hoping DH will take to it as he has put on at least a stone and a half whilst I've been losing my eleven stone !
I'm wondering if anyone else has done or is doing Slimming World post surgery. If so, do you stick to their recommended intake or modify it so that you keep your cals below 1000?
And importantly, has it worked for you?

Off to Karls thread now to get a kicking
xx

It's a good wake up call and gives you a bit of a shake up! As you know ww has worked for me, yes it has been more carb heavy than before but it's worked so I'm not knocking it. I was like you stalling but after 3 weeks tried this and not looked back. Whether it be the weigh in at class, the change in diet, who knows...but it's worked! So good luck!!! I've literally followed the ww plan apart from knowing that I wanted to avoid the bread, rice, pastas. all being well my gold card should be in my hands Tuesday night! Talk about self pressure :) hope it works for you x

I went to SW 7 weeks ago & have been doing 3 weeks on their Extra Easy then 3 week back to calorie contol in which time I have lost a stone :D I am in week one of my second 3 weeks on SW. The reason I am doing this is to stop my body getting used to any particular regime & it does seem to work. Good luck, darlin & well donel for trying to resolve this stall :):) xxx

Thats fab Twinkle, thank you. ow many cals do you stick to on the calorie control weeks?
Do you have all the syn allowance and healthy options when doing Extra Easy ? I'm a bit worried about portion control for dh coz if told he can eat as much as he likes of somethings he'll eat a shed load, specially if it's spuds and pasta !

I started weight watchers today, I'm only just over 6 months out but need to stop the daily treats and feel better with myself if I follow a plan. I'm not going to class I have just got an ap on my iPhone which is great :) it's a planner and calculator. I will alternate between ww and sliming world as I like a change after a few weeks lol. Good luck everyone x

Thats fab Twinkle, thank you. ow many cals do you stick to on the calorie control weeks?
Do you have all the syn allowance and healthy options when doing Extra Easy ? I'm a bit worried about portion control for dh coz if told he can eat as much as he likes of somethings he'll eat a shed load, specially if it's spuds and pasta !

Common sense still has to be applied, MT ... even though they assure you you can eat as much as you want of these nawty foods, you know yourself that the only actual way to lose weight is to burn more cals than you consume ... BUT for someone who has not had the good fortune to have had surgery, it does allow you to never be hungry :) Yes he can still have pasta & potatos but this should only be a third of his plate, the other 2 thirds being salad or veggies + protein. I would also watch the yogurt intake too cos even though you can have as many as you want, even the fat free ones are full of sugar. I never use more than 10syns even though you are allowed 15 as I don't want to get used to the things that are classed as sins. I never use them on anything like chocolate but have them as crackerbread etc.
On my calorie control weeks & aim for 1200 as I do as much exercise as possible. Ideally you should burn 500cals more than you take in & I always do. By keeping track on MFP it is really easy to see what you are doing. If you do it together I am sure you will both reap the benefits, good luck, sweet xxx :):)

Last edited:
I have done slimming world did the extra easy plan and lost 3 stone on it never had to count calories on it there was plenty to eat although it says eat as much as you want its not really like that with the potatoes etc but there was plenty of food our syn allownace when I went was 10 it went to 15 when you reach your target but I enjoyed it that much I got paranoid about syns lol.

I'm trying to follow SW Extra Easy pre-op to help with weight loss - I'm not eating huge portions (can't anyhoo with Bruno in!) but sticking to the eating plan.

On Extra Easy you can only have one A and one B choice each day. You can have any of the foods that are free on a red and green day on the same plate but 1/3rd of the plate needs to be 'superfree' foods (Superfree are foods that are free on both red and green days)

- eg
Bfast - 2 weetbix, Semi skimmed milk, Strawberries - Cereal and milk would be your B and A; Strawberries are your superfree 1/3rd

Salad, Tuna and Pasta would be your free and superfree for lunch

Poached egg, Small Gamon steak, Potato wedges with mushrooms, tomatoes and dryfry onions - would be your free and superfree foods for evening meal.

You can have 5-15 sins as normal.

I know - its as clear as mud! Has only taken a couple of years to suss it out.

Well. I did it. Found it quite tough getting on the scales in front of a stranger and was gutted to weigh a massive 5lbs more on their scales than mine. Even though I weigh myself in the nuddy first thing in the morning, pre-cuppa and post wee I think a 5lb difference is a lot. I was going to dump my scales and just go by theirs but I'm completely confused now lol.
Group was not as stimulating as I had hoped but the recipes look fab.
Weigh in is Mondays which is the same as my weekly weigh in anyway so I think I'll conitnue with my naked morning scale hops anyway
xx

Last edited:
Well. I did it. Found it quite toguh getting on the scales in front of a stranger and was gutted to weigh a massive 5lbs more on their scales than mine. Even though I weigh myself in the nuddy first thing in the morning, pre-cuppa and post wee I think a 5lb difference is a lot. I was going to dump my scales and just go by theirs but I'm completely confused now lol.
Group was not as stimulating as I had hoped but the recipes look fab.
Weigh in is Mondays which is the same as my weekly weigh in anyway so I think I'll conitnue with my naked morning scale hops anyway
xx

Well done, honey ... I weight less on their scales so am happy to use them :D It doesn't really matter as it will still tell you what you have lost over the week. Good luck, keep your hubby's nose out of the feedbag too & you will be a couple of happy bunnies this time next week :D :D xxx

Don't ditch your scales! I way first thing at home in pjs yet weigh in for me at ww is tue evenings, I just know what to take into account to check my progress. Really doesn't matter how their scales differ from yours, so long as on both sets they lose over the coming weeks! Good luck! Did me world of good having a change of plan to follow and read up on x

I started ww 6mtgs pre-op & lost 2st 3lbs before the milk pre op diet. I was back 1wk post op almost on my knees by the time I got there.lol.

I've used the meetings as a support group it's got me through the good weeks, the slow weeks & the stall weeks as well as the odd gain weeks.

Like Jo in close to getting my gold card & the fact I'd got used to the smaller portions, high protein low carb diet pre op & although I slip from time to time I'm not perfect, & still have to win the battle with my demons & food triggers but then this year has passed so quickly & my head needs to catch up with everything else so even if I get to gold I shall continue going to keep the support as well as going to the Poole wls support group. We have our bands, pouches or sleeves etc. to help us but having that little voice on our shoulders keeping us on the straight & narrow for me has become essential while I work through the baggage that helped me get as big as I was, the weights almost there noes the time for the mind to catch up & heal as the body has both with the demo s & the self image.

So for me ww is a great support & guide I keep to 1000cals give or take depending on my exercise levels. But as I near the maintainence stage I need to review, assess & ensure what I eat & drink is the best I can do to protect my new weight & size I am determined not to return to the old me.

Good luck to everyone as you near your goals & start the next phase of your journey I think the hard work really starts now.

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Back