• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Post Op eating

Kaz50

hi all

I’m Day 4 post op and struggling with bloating, wind and pain. I’m trying to drink at least 1 litre a day in smal sips and had part of a milk supplement drink mornings and small bowl of soup tea times but the pain is becoming unbareable.
Surgeon recommended sucking ice cubes but do you think eating small spoons of ice cream might help?

I’m getting to the point that I don’t even want to drink sips of water for fear of pain. X

hi all

I’m Day 4 post op and struggling with bloating, wind and pain. I’m trying to drink at least 1 litre a day in smal sips and had part of a milk supplement drink mornings and small bowl of soup tea times but the pain is becoming unbareable.
Surgeon recommended sucking ice cubes but do you think eating small spoons of ice cream might help?

I’m getting to the point that I don’t even want to drink sips of water for fear of pain. X

Try and move around a little if you can it will help with the wind. Small ice cubes might help. If you fancy ice cream have some chick what ever helps xx

Have you tried peppermint tea or windeaze which is available over the counter xx

Thanks Irene

I’m walking around the house and running my stomach , more out of habit I guess.

Appreciate your response

X

I found kneeling down and putting hands down in front. I don’t want to be rude ( dog stance ) lol. Helped just make sure no one is behind you :). Hope it gets better soon. Just wondering can you drink plain boiled water :) xx

I found kneeling down and putting hands down in front. I don’t want to be rude ( dog stance ) lol. Helped just make sure no one is behind you :). Hope it gets better soon. Just wondering can you drink plain boiled water :) xx

Haha i’ll Make sure hubby isn’t in the room :)

I’m drinking plane boiled water hoping that might ease and with a straw as was also suggested.

Xx

Haha i’ll Make sure hubby isn’t in the room :)

I’m drinking plane boiled water hoping that might ease and with a straw as was also suggested.

Xx

Anything is worth a try Chick I know it’s uncomfortable just sip anything you can :). I hope you get a comfortable night sweetheart xx

How you doing today hun xx

Hi Irene

Had a bad night with the pain, however, not tempting fate, but I feel heaps better today. Am able to tolerate fluids without pain and have a bit more umph today.

Fingers crossed

Thanks for your message xxxx

So pleased your feeling brighter today :). Before you know it! all will be a distant memory hun. Just take it steady or you will crash and burn. Just get those fluids do

Defo had a better day with far less pain :)
Still feeling very bloated so fluids still not the best they could be but I’m getting there.
Still can only tolerate very small amounts of milk based meals, literally 20mls of yoghurt drink and 6 teaspoons of soup today as well as tea, and water. X

Good to hear your doing better today, fluids are the most important thing in the early days xx

Defo had a better day with far less pain :)
Still feeling very bloated so fluids still not the best they could be but I’m getting there.
Still can only tolerate very small amounts of milk based meals, literally 20mls of yoghurt drink and 6 teaspoons of soup today as well as tea, and water. X

You will do hunni you have to remember when you had your op they filled you full of air poked about in your tum. Then stapled it lasered it and good knows what else. Your little pouch has to heal all your tummy muscles will be yelping. It’s a major op babe, your doing really well few more days and you will feel so much better. Your intake of food is good tea counts as fluids it’s pretty much all I could drink post op that and milk. Your doing really well pat on the back for you Chick xx :)

I was so lucky I didn’t suffer with any wind pain! I struggled with dry mouth and being thirsty all the time so I bought myself some of the mr freeze ice pops, I’ve also made my own with sugar free squash and water which I love now! Hope your feeling better xx

I was so lucky I didn’t suffer with any wind pain! I struggled with dry mouth and being thirsty all the time so I bought myself some of the mr freeze ice pops, I’ve also made my own with sugar free squash and water which I love now! Hope your feeling better xx

Hi Georgina

I am feeling much better thanks. I’ve bought some freezer pops too as wasn’t drinking enough but now able to tolerate more now the wind and pain have eased.
Not sure if I’m ‘eating’ enough thou. Have a small liquid yoghurt drink for breakfast. 1/3 to half tin of soup at lunch or a protein milk drink and homemade thin soup for tea.
Since starting my LRD and post op I’ve lost around 12kgs so I’m really pleased with my progress so far. X

Sounds like your doing really well now hun. Cracking weight loss :) xx

Hi Georgina

I am feeling much better thanks. I’ve bought some freezer pops too as wasn’t drinking enough but now able to tolerate more now the wind and pain have eased.
Not sure if I’m ‘eating’ enough thou. Have a small liquid yoghurt drink for breakfast. 1/3 to half tin of soup at lunch or a protein milk drink and homemade thin soup for tea.
Since starting my LRD and post op I’ve lost around 12kgs so I’m really pleased with my progress so far. X
Well done on weight loss x

Back