• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Post op - First week of fluids

susie_x

I have had my sleeve for a whole week now, and have been advised to make a move to pureed food. Tried it but was sick ... :( So, was it just too early or is there a trick to getting it right?

Also, fellow sleevies, can you drink alcohol as and when? I have a wedding - and wondered if I would be able to enjoy a glass or two ....:eek:

What do you think??
Susie x

Hi Susie_x I too am a fellow sleever and I had my op on the 28/10/12.
I have to say I'm surprised you're on pureed food already as my Surgeon and the Nursing Staff advised me to wait at least 4 weeks before venturing onto pureed food. I'm into my second week on liquids and it's tough but I know it'll work out great in the long run.
I also enquired about alcohol and was advised not to if possible but if you do be careful as due to reduced stomach capacity and acids, you are much more susceptible to the affects of alcohol - you'll get drunk quicker. Not sure if that's a good or bad thing - think of the money you'll save down the pub.
Anyway, be careful, don't rush things and good luck with everything my fellow Sleever

Back