• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

post op food ideas please...!!

rose2022

I was wondering if anyone had any ideas about post op food... I'm only 1 week out but soup does not seem to be agreeing as hoped. I'm managing about half a carton but it's leaving me with terrible pain in my ribs... yogurt is ok, actimel and slim fast are fine but not very filling!?!
I have lost a stone in my first week which is probably due to the fast digesting my body seems to be doing to expel said soup and I'm in desperate need of some alternatives... please help or failing that please reassure me that I'm not going to end up looking like a bowl of soup!!!!!!!!

tracyt84

i assume ur on the liquid stage,at that stage i had
low fat custard
oxo cubes
bovril
frubes
fromage frais
hot choc
tea
coffee

rose2022

Yep liquids all the way for one more week...
I'm having runny yogurt and actimel and innocent fruit smoothies and trying to get some soup down too as I have felt very weak and tired but the soup is taking ages to settle... I'm hand blending it so it's 'straw worthy' but still pain... it may be that I'm eating too fast as I am incredibly hungry! I'm also getting very confused over the different pains as sometimes I think it's hunger but it's actually chronic wind in the bottom of my tummy... as you can see my heads all over the place!!

top_kat

I've just been doing my shopping list for my stuff post op, and in the book my provider (healthier weight so it suggests weight to go meals/soups/shakes . . .but this is what it suggests I can have . .

Each day
4 items from protein list
Shake
weight to go soup
400ml semi skimmed or skimmed milk
400 ml soya milk with added calcium
2 smooth diet yoghurts (125g each max)
3 heaped tablespoons skimmed milk powder
15 g protein powder

1-2 items from the limited list
~ oxo, bovril marmite or stock cube
~ soups (tin, dried, cuppa, homemade)
1 small glass 150ml of unsweetened fruit juice
1 glass 200ml of vegetable juice
1 x 100 ml low fat sugar actimel
1 x 100-150 VIe or smoothie drink
low cal hot choc, ovaltine or horlicks
1/2 banana or small portion of soft fruit into a smoothie of milk

Free list unlimited
~ water,. plain or flavoured but low cal and not carbonated
~ low calorie NAS squash
~ tea, including herbals.
~ coffee, preferably decaf.

Dont know if this helps at all . . .

rose2022

Thank you so much there are a few on there I havnt tried so will add them to my shopping list tmr... lol
I am feeling very low today and I think old habits die hard as I'm turning straight to food control (or lack of) as the cause... will have a good scour of the shelves tmr and if I find any miraculous new liquid that satisfies I will share!!
Don't hold your breath... ;)

fab40

Keep going Wendy, I think I will be feeling up and down like you. You are doing really well xx

Jane x

rose2022

Thanks Jane, it's amazing how much support I get from here... even when I'm at my lowest point I know there is someone here to answer my silly questions or just remind me I'm not the only one!! I'm feeling ok tonight so fingers crossed I wake up better again tmr!! :-D

zooboo

I've just been doing my shopping list for my stuff post op, and in the book my provider (healthier weight so it suggests weight to go meals/soups/shakes . . .but this is what it suggests I can have . .

Each day
4 items from protein list
Shake
weight to go soup
400ml semi skimmed or skimmed milk
400 ml soya milk with added calcium
2 smooth diet yoghurts (125g each max)
3 heaped tablespoons skimmed milk powder
15 g protein powder

1-2 items from the limited list
~ oxo, bovril marmite or stock cube
~ soups (tin, dried, cuppa, homemade)
1 small glass 150ml of unsweetened fruit juice
1 glass 200ml of vegetable juice
1 x 100 ml low fat sugar actimel
1 x 100-150 VIe or smoothie drink
low cal hot choc, ovaltine or horlicks
1/2 banana or small portion of soft fruit into a smoothie of milk

Free list unlimited
~ water,. plain or flavoured but low cal and not carbonated
~ low calorie NAS squash
~ tea, including herbals.
~ coffee, preferably decaf.

Dont know if this helps at all . . .

This is brilliant. I'm getting banded tomorrow!! Eeeek!!

mamakiso

I was wondering if anyone had any ideas about post op food... I'm only 1 week out but soup does not seem to be agreeing as hoped. I'm managing about half a carton but it's leaving me with terrible pain in my ribs... yogurt is ok, actimel and slim fast are fine but not very filling!?!
I have lost a stone in my first week which is probably due to the fast digesting my body seems to be doing to expel said soup and I'm in desperate need of some alternatives... please help or failing that please reassure me that I'm not going to end up looking like a bowl of soup!!!!!!!!

Wendy woo, I have the terrible pain in my left ribcage that you mention above. How did you deal with it and did it eventually pass. It is soooooo painful and its's with anything i drink - nas at the moment and it's killing me.